Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Where can I park my car this halloween to prevent it from getting egged? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Last year on Halloween morning I went out to my car to find the front passenger door had been egged the night before, on mischief night.

This year I have a new car, not brand new but its a nice car and its in black, the downside of having a black car is that any marks or dents show up easily on black

Anyway, its mischief night and Halloween in just under a week, I'm scared my new car may get egged as I seem to be the victim of getting egged over recent years

What can I do to protect my car or where can I park it to prevent it from getting egged ?
    Egg on a car is a disaster , smells awful and is almost impossible to remove

ReputationRep:
    In a underground carpark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    In a underground carpark
    I have no access to an underground car park

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy as punch)
    I have no access to an underground car park
    Ok maybe park your car in a public car park and hope it dosent get egged

ReputationRep:
    Why are they targeting your car, and not other cars?

If they are, you should call the police, or better yet watch out for them from your window, and soon as you see them coming near your car, with eggs in their hands use the water hose.

ReputationRep:
    Driveway

Garage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Ok maybe park your car in a public car park and hope it dosent get egged
    Nearest car park is a fair distance away
    (Original post by Oh no not again!)
    Why are they targeting your car, and not other cars?
    Maybe they target other cars, I'm not sure and that doesn't affect me, I just know that my car gets egged
    If they are, you should call the police, or better yet watch out for them from your window, and soon as you see them coming near your car, with eggs in their hands use the water hose.
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    Driveway

Garage
    Got neither

ReputationRep:
    Well you're really looking for the magical solution here. It needs to be locked away, you can't do that so just keep an eye on it.

ReputationRep:
    Last year on Halloween morning I went out to my car to find the front passenger door had been egged the night before, on mischief night.

This year I have a new car, not brand new but its a nice car and its in black, the downside of having a black car is that any marks or dents show up easily on black

Anyway, its mischief night and Halloween in just under a week, I'm scared my new car may get egged as I seem to be the victim of getting egged over recent years

What can I do to protect my car or where can I park it to prevent it from getting egged ?
    maybe put a sticker on your car indicating you have some kind of alarm or camera, unless that might provoke them further
    or stick a big car blanket over it

ReputationRep:

Buy a cover for your car, you can get them from Halfords for £25-£35 and you can reuse it during winter.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.