Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Get into Uni with no A Levels - Graphic Design watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am doing an Apprenticeship doing Graphic Design, I am 17 and my contract with the employer finishes in September 2016 and I am now thinking about what I will be doing after my course should I not get a permanent job. I will be getting a Business Administration National Extended Diploma level 2&3 so I was wondering if I could get into a Uni with this?

ReputationRep:
    Someone please help me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamWhu30)
    I am doing an Apprenticeship doing Graphic Design, I am 17 and my contract with the employer finishes in September 2016 and I am now thinking about what I will be doing after my course should I not get a permanent job. I will be getting a Business Administration National Extended Diploma level 2&3 so I was wondering if I could get into a Uni with this?
    You need level three qualifications to get into university, so the level 2 won't cut it. As for the other, your best bet is to contact universities you are interested in directly and ask them if they will accept it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    You need level three qualifications to get into university, so the level 2 won't cut it. As for the other, your best bet is to contact universities you are interested in directly and ask them if they will accept it.
    Thanks for your reply, I didn't think that the Uni's would be bothered about the Level 2 but I really want to get more on my CV. Hopefully I can find someone who has had the same experience as me. I have emailed some Unis and the National Careers advice centre. I am happy to do some studying this year to get me a qualification to get into Uni but it's hard trying to find which course I would need.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply, I didn't think that the Uni's would be bothered about the Level 2 but I really want to get more on my CV. Hopefully I can find someone who has had the same experience as me. I have emailed some Unis and the National Careers advice centre. I am happy to do some studying this year to get me a qualification to get into Uni but it's hard trying to find which course I would need.
    Well, the traditional route would be A levels and an art foundation course, or the BTEC equivalent to A levels. If you were a bit older, then an Access course would be the thing, but you aren't in that bracket. I'm afraid qualifications other than A levels aren't my area.

ReputationRep:
    no, you need level three so i would recommend doing just a year art foundation and i know uni such as nottingham trent will take you on

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.