Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Becoming a health care assistant (HCA) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in becoming a HCA but I have no idea how it works. I mean is there like a course for it or do I have to do some training by the end of which I will get a certificate saying I am HCA or do I just apply for HCA roles?

I forgot to add, I am currently an undergrad student so is it possible to be a HCA on a part time bases?

Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You would apply for health care assistant jobs on NHS jobs. You can do it part time or bank but usually they want experience before you do bank.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, but I don't need a qualification to do it right? I mean like a specific BTEC or something? Can I just apply to them?

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine is on a gap year - she's currently a HCA, and she has standard a levels - apply for it huni x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    A friend of mine is on a gap year - she's currently a HCA, and she has standard a levels - apply for it huni x
    Ok thank you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by polerat)
    Thanks for the reply, but I don't need a qualification to do it right? I mean like a specific BTEC or something? Can I just apply to them?
    No. They would give you any training required.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.