The Student Room Group

History & Politics at Oxford?

Hey guys, I'm in need of a little advice... So I've been thinking about possibly taking a year off and re-applying in 2016, to Oxford to do History & Politics. I'm currently predicted all A*'s in my a-levels, which are history, politics, and photography, I've also picked up AS philosophy in y13. I've also undertaken an EPQ. HOWEVER, my GCSE's are not great (mostly B's and C's with three failed subjects) - I got very high A grades at AS if this seems a little inconsistent...

So to cut to the chase my question is, should I go for it?
Original post by Yeasty
Hey guys, I'm in need of a little advice... So I've been thinking about possibly taking a year off and re-applying in 2016, to Oxford to do History & Politics. I'm currently predicted all A*'s in my a-levels, which are history, politics, and photography, I've also picked up AS philosophy in y13. I've also undertaken an EPQ. HOWEVER, my GCSE's are not great (mostly B's and C's with three failed subjects) - I got very high A grades at AS if this seems a little inconsistent...

So to cut to the chase my question is, should I go for it?

Though they usually don't make offers to people with under 7 A*s (apparently according to our careers advisors) - if you have a great interest in the subject and really can show that then its worth a shot - you need to impress in the interview

Quick Reply

Latest