Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I Make a Facebook Account? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I recently got rid of my Facebook, though I went on it thoroughly I never really posted any pictures or anything like that, I just made it to stalk people and look at funny videos and pictures. I deleted it because I didn't like the idea of the fakery & people trying to make their lives look epic when they when just the norm plus it was very time consuming which in turn could have affected my studies but I'm wondering if I should get it back and post more and be more social as people often describe me as antisocial and I never really interact with anyone outside my circle
    What do you think?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    do it to look at funny pics and videos, like i do. i also have friends on there but i dont add just anyone (i only have 50) and these people i add dont annoy me, they dont make their life out to be luxurious just by taking starbucks photos or whatever. control who u add i guess, avoid those ''popular'' crowd, they tend to update and make their lives a bit exaggerated. who cares if you dont interact with people outside your circle, but it is nice to maybe be friendly to more than just your friends, smile and that way you'll get good impressions.

ReputationRep:
    i only have it to stalk people lmfao

ReputationRep:
    The events

ReputationRep:
    ...nah.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Your choice really OP. No individual on TSR are capable of providing the correct answer to you for creating a new Facebook account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cornflakes1688)
    I recently got rid of my Facebook, though I went on it thoroughly I never really posted any pictures or anything like that, I just made it to stalk people and look at funny videos and pictures. I deleted it because I didn't like the idea of the fakery & people trying to make their lives look epic when they when just the norm plus it was very time consuming which in turn could have affected my studies but I'm wondering if I should get it back and post more and be more social as people often describe me as antisocial and I never really interact with anyone outside my circle
    What do you think?
    If you have a social life, yes you should make a Facebook account. If you don't have a social life, there's probably little point. The people who delete their account or never even made an account, are almost always people who have no social life in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Events + Funny videos/pictures and liking my good friends status updates.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I only made a fb to stay in contact with old school friends, and occasionally to look at funny videos if I'm bored out of my nut. I don't think you're missing anything tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cornflakes1688)
    What do you think?
    you have friends and ways to stay in touch without it so i wouldn't bother as it is time consuming and annoying seeing people making there lives look better than they are

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.