Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have NO game - how to escalate with girls watch

I'm 22 years old/final year uni, had a couple of flings/one nighters, but have began to realise that I have no game.

I'm very good at chatting to girls, but struggle to make things 'flirty' and/or pick up on the signals that she's keen/wants me to make move. I always then realise, the next morning, that I probably should have made a move. Last week, I was with a girl who from my hazy memory who insisted on getting my number for something..

I think it's partly a fear of rejection that is holding me back. I've had times when I've been chatting to a girl all night/for hours, yet still haven't pulled the trigger. I think it's partly a confidence issue and not ever being sure that there is a mutual interest.

Any advice/experiences would be great, starting to get annoyed at the missed opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 22 years old/final year uni, had a couple of flings/one nighters, but have began to realise that I have no game.

I'm very good at chatting to girls, but struggle to make things 'flirty' and/or pick up on the signals that she's keen/wants me to make move. I always then realise, the next morning, that I probably should have made a move. Last week, I was with a girl who from my hazy memory who insisted on getting my number for something..

I think it's partly a fear of rejection that is holding me back. I've had times when I've been chatting to a girl all night/for hours, yet still haven't pulled the trigger. I think it's partly a confidence issue and not ever being sure that there is a mutual interest.

Any advice/experiences would be great, starting to get annoyed at the missed opportunities.
    Just take it step by step, make sure you have a clean and inviting room to bring them back to. Always be closing for a number/meet in every step. Finally, always make a move and don't make it at the last minute. If it doesn't work try again in a few minutes.

ReputationRep:
    You're still quite young, loads of time. Long story short, just don't give a ****. Do what you want and have fun, be unashamedly masculine and honest about your intentions. Nothing that is more cringe than guys that pretend to be with friends with a girl just to try and get some.

ReputationRep:
    Abstain from masturbation and meet them drunk (also get them drunk). The horniness and drunkenness will make you bold. Just be super-duper direct without being creepy. 'you have lips like Scarlett Johansen', boom kiss, then lead take her hand and lead her back to your lair.

(Original post by 4Skin)
    Abstain from masturbation and meet them drunk (also get them drunk). The horniness and drunkenness will make you bold. Just be super-duper direct without being creepy. 'you have lips like Scarlett Johansen', boom kiss, then lead take her hand and lead her back to your lair.
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    You're still quite young, loads of time. Long story short, just don't give a ****. Do what you want and have fun, be unashamedly masculine and honest about your intentions. Nothing that is more cringe than guys that pretend to be with friends with a girl just to try and get some.
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Just take it step by step, make sure you have a clean and inviting room to bring them back to. Always be closing for a number/meet in every step. Finally, always make a move and don't make it at the last minute. If it doesn't work try again in a few minutes.
    Cheers guys, think I just need to grow a pair and go for it!

Even my mates have picked up on it, and often end up shocked to find that nothing happened between me and some girl.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.