Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am looking to get into Loughborough on a sport science course and was wondering if these are good a level options? My other uni choices are Bath, Durham, Northumbria or Leeds on similar sports courses (eg, sport, exercise and physical activity/ sport and social sciences etc). I am looking to pick:
    Definitely= Sport
    And then two out of= Geography, Psychology or English Language
    Also, would you advise picking 3 or 4 A level options (I think the place I am looking to go to makes us do General Studies, so also what is that like?)
    Thanks in advance :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous061299)
    Hi! I am looking to get into Loughborough on a sport science course and was wondering if these are good a level options? My other uni choices are Bath, Durham, Northumbria or Leeds on similar sports courses (eg, sport, exercise and physical activity/ sport and social sciences etc). I am looking to pick:
    Definitely= Sport
    Also, would you advise picking 3 or 4 A level options (I think the place I am looking to go to makes us do General Studies, so also what is that like?)
    That sounds like a great set of A-levels. I would do 4 in case you want to drop something in the second year. And besides, most universities don't take General Studies seriously or accept them so you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely= Sport
    I'd recommend taking a science subject, the best probably being biology for Sports and Exercise science.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely= Sport
    Please take Biology! It would help you greatly, and if you're interested in sports science, you'll probably be interested in Bio too! paticularly since those unis are brilliant and competetive.

Something like Biology, Geography, Psycology
    Or Biology, Geography, P.E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reader106)
    That sounds like a great set of A-levels. I would do 4 in case you want to drop something in the second year. And besides, most universities don't take General Studies seriously or accept them so you're fine.
    Okay, thanks for the reply! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_mcc)
    I'd recommend taking a science subject, the best probably being biology for Sports and Exercise science.
    I was thinking biology until I looked at the spec and it looks solid :-/ I love parts of bio but then hate parts too so idk what to do :-/ do you mind me asking if you have studied it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Blue Machine)
    Please take Biology! It would help you greatly, and if you're interested in sports science, you'll probably be interested in Bio too! paticularly since those unis are brilliant and competetive.

Something like Biology, Geography, Psycology
    Or Biology, Geography, P.E.
    I was thinking biology until I looked at the spec and it looks solid :-/ I love parts of bio but then hate parts too so idk what to do :-/ do you mind me asking if you have studied it?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have studied it

I'm currently doing the whole thing in a year.... It's actually really interesting, you get to learn about cells really in depth, as well as organs, nervous system . Then you'll also learn about ecosystems, classification etc. It's a great subject, and it will probably show you how remarkable life is a little more than PE, and give you a deeper understanding! There are somethings really related to health, you look at heart and lung diseases, diabetes etc. You also look at how diet can be used as treatment etc.

I'd certainly reccomend it!

ReputationRep:
    Psychology can be very difficult and it's a lot to learn so only do it if you're ready to spend a huge amount of time on it. I am currently in my second year of A Level English Language and it's great, very different from GCSE but still good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Blue Machine)
    Yes I have studied it

I'm currently doing the whole thing in a year.... It's actually really interesting, you get to learn about cells really in depth, as well as organs, nervous system . Then you'll also learn about ecosystems, classification etc. It's a great subject, and it will probably show you how remarkable life is a little more than PE, and give you a deeper understanding! There are somethings really related to health, you look at heart and lung diseases, diabetes etc. You also look at how diet can be used as treatment etc.

I'd certainly reccomend it!
    It does sound very interesting, I'll definitely think about it :-) thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellalalaxo)
    Psychology can be very difficult and it's a lot to learn so only do it if you're ready to spend a huge amount of time on it. I am currently in my second year of A Level English Language and it's great, very different from GCSE but still good
    Yeah I am worried about the workload slightly, especially if I take 4 options! I do like the look of English language definitely and psych looks so interesting but so much work! Thanks :-)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.