Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is radiography a popular course at university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tolu_9)
    Is radiography a popular course at university?
    Radiography is quite a popular course at uni, unfortunatley it is popular for the wrong reason, which is that its a free course, rather than students actually wanting to do the degree. but if youre determind to be a radiography you shouldn't have a problem to make it onto the course (they soon whittle out the people that are applying for the wrong reasons). In other terms though, it probably isn't as popular as medicine or business (subjects like that)

Best of luck with your application if you choose radiography and good luck with your UCAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katecatfish)
    Radiography is quite a popular course at uni, unfortunatley it is popular for the wrong reason, which is that its a free course, rather than students actually wanting to do the degree. but if youre determind to be a radiography you shouldn't have a problem to make it onto the course (they soon whittle out the people that are applying for the wrong reasons). In other terms though, it probably isn't as popular as medicine or business (subjects like that)

Best of luck with your application if you choose radiography and good luck with your UCAS
    Oh I see, and Thank you

ReputationRep:
    It's not as popular as other health degrees
    It went into clearing this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katecatfish)

I have to agree with the katecatfish in that its popularity partly comes down to it being an NHS funded course. However, it's not as big as, lets say, nursing or midwifery. I put this down to the fact that Radiography is not a well known profession amongst lay-people, there's a common misconception that all Radiographers do is "push buttons", some people have never even heard of the title 'Radiographer' and believe people who take x-rays and such to be mere technicians.

If it is something you're considering going into, please, please do your research. I'm a first year student Radiographer and it's already apparent to me that several people are on the course for the wrong reasons - there are some people who have a tendency to frequently walk out mid-lecture, which speaks volumes. It's a lot of hard work, and there's a lot of information to learn, particularly when it comes to anatomy and physics - but I wouldn't go back on my choice. I'm loving it so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    It's not as popular as other health degrees
    It went into clearing this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, i saw that it went into clearing at birmingham city and I think that's the best university for the course as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJay)
    I have to agree with the katecatfish in that its popularity partly comes down to it being an NHS funded course. However, it's not as big as, lets say, nursing or midwifery. I put this down to the fact that Radiography is not a well known profession amongst lay-people, there's a common misconception that all Radiographers do is "push buttons", some people have never even heard of the title 'Radiographer' and believe people who take x-rays and such to be mere technicians.

If it is something you're considering going into, please, please do your research. I'm a first year Radiographer and it's already apparent to me that several people are on the course for the wrong reasons - there are some people who have a tendency to frequently walk out mid-lecture, which speaks volumes. It's a lot of hard work, and there's a lot of information to learn, particularly when it comes to anatomy and physics - but I wouldn't go back on my choice. I'm loving it so far.
    Which university are you studying the course, I have quite a few but don't know where exactly to go

ReputationRep:
    Which university are you studying the course, I have quite a few but don't know where exactly to go
    I'm at Birmingham City.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJay)
    I'm at Birmingham City.
    How do you find it at birmingham city becuase it is one of my choices?

ReputationRep:
    How do you find it at birmingham city becuase it is one of my choices?
    I'm really enjoying it. I'm in my 5th week now as a first year and its going very well. I really like how the course at BCU is structured, and the lectures and practical sessions are very good too. BCU was my one and only choice when applying and I'm really glad to have got a place.

Good luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJay)
    I'm really enjoying it. I'm in my 5th week now as a first year and its going very well. I really like how the course at BCU is structured, and the lectures and practical sessions are very good too. BCU was my one and only choice when applying and I'm really glad to have got a place.

Do you do thereupetitc or diagnostic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    Do you do thereupetitc or diagnostic?
    I'm doing diagnostic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJay)

Hope I get a place there too
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by MrJay)

We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying your course so much. For anyone who would like to find out more about Diagnostic Radiography at BCU, I suggest you come to our next Open Day this Saturday. It's from 9am to 3pm. www.bcu.ac.uk/opendays

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.