Turn on thread page Beta

Drama School Masters Auditions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone auditioned for a masters at drama school? More specifically the RCSSD MA Acting for Screen course?

I'm in my final year of an 'unrelated' degree and haven't really been to a proper audition before.

How do you choose your monologue?
    Might seem like a silly question, but where do you 'look' when you perform?
    What sort of questions do they ask?
    What's a 'voice movement' workshop? Is that singing? :erm: :eek:
    What do you wear?
    etc.

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by thegoldeneggcup)
    Has anyone auditioned for a masters at drama school? More specifically the RCSSD MA Acting for Screen course?

I'm in my final year of an 'unrelated' degree and haven't really been to a proper audition before.

How do you choose your monologue?
    Might seem like a silly question, but where do you 'look' when you perform?
    What sort of questions do they ask?
    What's a 'voice movement' workshop? Is that singing? :erm: :eek:
    What do you wear?
    etc.

Thanks
    Hey there,

If you check out this page on our website. there's a section on how to apply and audition for the MA. Have a look at the Guidance pack for MA (it's pretty general advice for wherever you apply so will hopefully be helpful!).
    There are also video's on there that you might find useful, with our current students giving tips on auditioning.

Hope this helps, and hopefully others who have auditioned/are auditioning for an MA will see this post and be able to answer your questions!

Best of luck!

Lydia (BCU)

ReputationRep:
    Voice movement may not be singing. Actors need to train their voice generally for the purposes of projection etc.

Choose a monologue (within any specification they have set) that allows you to show you at your best.

Can't go wrong with wearing something all black and loose fitting.

Re where to look: get so involved in the character that where to look doesn't even cross your mind. You will usually end up looking out across the audience this way.

Good luck.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.