Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do i keep my job? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Basically I need a little help deciding whether or not it is worth keeping my current part-time job. At the moment I work every Saturday and am on minimum wage, only earning around £25 a week.

From this it doesn't seem worth keeping the job however with uni fast approaching there are still so many things I have to purchase such as a laptop. However my family are on a low income and I cant expect them to buy all these things for me (even though they offer but I know it will come to a lot of money they just don't have). So even though I only earn a little amount, it still adds to the saving jar.

However my boss has been unfair to me and embarrassing me in front of customers due to being new and unknowing of how certain things work. He also makes nasty comments to me but I don't want to go into to much detail as it still upsets me. Being so embarrassed I almost walked out crying and leaving however I have to think about Uni. Although as soon as I got home and walked into the door, I just cried. I am not a bad employee at all, in fact my manager is very impressed with me and how quickly I have picked everything up, and since working there I have beet my money-in target, and as well as that I have normally been on top off all of the employees (including my boss).

In conclusion, basically I would like to get your opinion whether it is worth the extra pennies for Uni but have to put up with a nasty boss that makes you feel down, or to leave work however put extra strain on uni equipment.

Thank you in advance, I am very grateful for you opinions.

Keep the job for the time being and look for another.

ReputationRep:
    Keep the job! **** the haters. and when you leave set the place on fire, jk

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.