Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

For those outside of London, how much has being able to drive helped you? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've recently passed and I'm so happy.

I feel like I've been isolated as I live in a home county with my mum. It's not far from London and there are buses but I feel now I can go out and join sports clubs and be a bit more free.

I took the bold decision to leave my uni city and friends behind and move back home to be closer to family. Problem is, I didn't have long to make friends here before I left for uni 3 years ago.

Now I feel isolated and hope that by being able to drive will improve things. Any improvement would be good because right now I'm struggling to meet people.

There are work people but the job is quite professional and having had work drinks once, I'm not sure I want to get too close. I didn't overly enjoy the atmosphere as you can't completely let yourself go.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.