Turn on thread page Beta

Milan OR Pavia for medical school? (2016) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,

I am having a hard time trying to decide which university to apply to next year for medical school. I have read many good/bad things about both, but I just can't make up my mind. Aside from the fact that one is in the city and the other one in a town, I would really appreciated it if any of you would shed some light in terms of 1) what are graduates doing after the school?, 2) How well-known are the schools? 3) Quality of professors?, etc.

Thank you so much. Also, if you have any updates on IMAT 2016, I would be glad to hear about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtej200)
    Dear all,

I am having a hard time trying to decide which university to apply to next year for medical school. I have read many good/bad things about both, but I just can't make up my mind. Aside from the fact that one is in the city and the other one in a town, I would really appreciated it if any of you would shed some light in terms of 1) what are graduates doing after the school?, 2) How well-known are the schools? 3) Quality of professors?, etc.

Thank you so much. Also, if you have any updates on IMAT 2016, I would be glad to hear about them.
    I was wondering about the same things.. If someone can share their personal experiences, that would be much appreciated!

mtej200, as for the IMAT 2016, I called U.of Pavia this morning, they've said the updates will be on their website from July onwards. Theres no registration for the IMAT until then. I also called U. of Milan, like ten times, but couldn't get through.. If you have any updates, please can you share them too? Cheers. And good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm at IMS-Milan. It is an excellent place to study all around. I've got almost entirely good things to say about it, and I think that's true for the vast majority of students in our class. (I'm not sure what bad things you've heard, but I'm wondering if they're of questionable veracity -- and if they were actually said by people who know IMS well.) Milan's educational quality is world-class. You can read pages and pages about our experiences in Milan, at our blog. It should answer your questions above.

Most of the student reports from Pavia are also that the experience there is super.

If you've been calling IMS-Milan, it's not a surprise you couldn't get through. Prospective students are meant to communicate by email, via [email protected]. Please address our administrator, Dr. Montagna.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I am thinking of applying to the university of Pavia or Milan I'm just skeptical because i've done my research and apparently Italy doesn't take quite nicely to foreigners, and i'm Nigerian. I was just wondering what your opinion is on the matter, in terms of racism in the different universities. Thank you

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.