Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

During the summer, I started dating a guy. I'd already known him for about a year before we decided to "give it a go", so we know each other pretty well. The thing is, after every date, he just goes back to his and I go back to mine.

It's got to the point now where it feels too awkward to try to initiate something. I do know what to do! We get on really well, fancy each other (at least he says he does...) and enjoy each other's company, so why hasn't he tried it on?

Should I say something?

ReputationRep:
    Saying something might be a bit awkward, 10 dates is a long time though, I'd say its worth trying to be more dominant (maybe he's shy?). If he's spent this much time with you I doubt that he's not interested, so if you made a strong move I can't imagine that he'd say no (unless there were deeper reasons for his 'not trying it on')
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    During the summer, I started dating a guy. I'd already known him for about a year before we decided to "give it a go", so we know each other pretty well. The thing is, after every date, he just goes back to his and I go back to mine.

It's got to the point now where it feels too awkward to try to initiate something. I do know what to do! We get on really well, fancy each other (at least he says he does...) and enjoy each other's company, so why hasn't he tried it on?

Should I say something?
    Maybe suggest a 'date' like watching a film at your place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Maybe suggest a 'date' like watching a film at your place?
    Netflix and Chill

ReputationRep:
    Have you both moved out, or do either of you live with parents? Maybe he feels awkward about going back to yours/ inviting you to his if parents are around?

How "experienced" is he? Is it possible that he's a virgin and is nervous? Maybe he wants get to know you properly before taking the next step?

ReputationRep:
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
    It could be that he wants you to know he's not just dating you for sex. You should appreciate that he genuinely cares
    for you as a person. If you want more talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    it could be because he is super religious and prefers sex after marriage?

ReputationRep:
    10 dates is long enough girl, get in some wine and have a movie night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeforthebest1)
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
    It could be that he wants you to know he's not just dating you for sex. You should appreciate that he genuinely cares
    for you as a person. If you want more talk to him.
    Nah he's just a melon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just talk to him! Maybe he wants it but is too shy to ask for fear of rejection? Or maybe he wants to wait a little longer himself?

ReputationRep:
    Do the honourable thing and don't go down the road of copulatory beastliness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saftvare Jarb)
    Do the honourable thing and don't go down the road of copulatory beastliness.
    WTF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Should I say something?
    Communication is the key here, voice your frustrations or just invite him over for a "sleep over"?

ReputationRep:
    OP, it is me here, your boyfriend

Why tell the peeps here our business ?

ReputationRep:
    Both get drunk then you can bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he doesn't want to have sex yet? Believe it or not... sometimes guys want to wait and aren't obsessed with sex...

Also, why not initiate OP? I mean maybe he feels the same way and is waiting for you to initiate.

ReputationRep:
    its okay youre asexual, u dont need sex, just enjoy each others company xx

ReputationRep:
    You want him to **** you don't you I would suggest maybe rubbing his leg or being suggestive.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't "talk to him" like others suggested. Make a move make it obvious if he doesn't go along you'll have your answer. If he is shy then "talking to him" about it will make things worse.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.