Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Good fitness routine for someone with recently healed broken foot? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I'm due for an appointment (hopefully where the doctor tells me I'm good to move) on Wednesday. I don't think I'll be advised to put heavy weight on my foot, either... I haven't been able to exercise much in the past month, and of course I couldn't walk anywhere, resulting in taking a lot of taxis. Things like cooking were at first harder than you would expect (try standing on one leg and bending down to put things in the oven, and chopping things up!). As a result, my activity level has decreased...

I've not been super into fitness since my early teens, but I can no longer bear this level of inactivity. It's horrible! Has anyone got any home exercises they can recommend?

I'm fairly poor, too, so can't afford a gym membership just yet.

Cheers :-)

ReputationRep:
    monkey bars

ReputationRep:
    Focus on getting it healed, start walking more/being more active. Once it's fully healed start training properly, the FAQ has information on how to do this.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Walk, cycle, swim is where I'd start

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.