ReputationRep:
    Everything is said to cause cancer these days, so keep calm and eat bacon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Everything is said to cause cancer these days, so keep calm and eat bacon
    No it doesn't, soon there will be a ban

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The only time you're safe from cancer is when you are dead. Move on OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    The only time you can't get cancer is when you are dead. Move on OP.
    Huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dont care, its ****ing amazing

ReputationRep:
    Seems like everything in some way is cancer causing. Heck, I thought this was a Daily Mail article.

ReputationRep:
    I would sooner live another 50 years with bacon than to live 70 years without it.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, it's not just bacon, it's processed meat and the report is from the WHO not some crack-pot outfit.

(Original post by uberteknik)
    Religion is a cancer and must be eradicated, starting with the most dangerous and insidious - Islam.
    Islamaphobe detected.

Anyway how conveniant bacon is haraam :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Religion is a cancer and must be eradicated, starting with the most dangerous and insidious - Islam.
    I feel like 'Religion' should be underlined there...

Either way, :thatescalatedquickly:

ReputationRep:
    "Certainly Cancer Research UK's opinion is that eating red and processed meat isn't anywhere near as risky as smoking."

Everybody knows bacon isn't healthy, and? You could live forever if you gave up everything that makes you want to.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Hibzish)
    Islamaphobe detected.

Anyway how conveniant bacon is haraam :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The use of 'islamaphobe' is a lazy persons way of trying to silence criticism - without success.

A phobia is a fear. I don't fear religion, but I do pity those brainwashed by the most dangerous forms.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This is a report by the WHO, not some rubbish dug up by the Daily Mail, so it probably is worth paying attention to. However, if you read the article rather than stopping at the sensationalist title, it says that "the announcement from the WHO deals with how certain we can be - so it's how strong the evidence is rather than how big a risk red and processed meat might pose... processed meat isn't anywhere near as risky as smoking" so it's not as if they're suggesting that all meat eaters are going to start dropping like flies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViewsFromSi6)
    No it doesn't, soon there will be a ban

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No there won't. If you don't want to eat pig because of a pre-medieval mythology then fine, but you're not going to force the rest of us to live by your restrictions.

ReputationRep:
    my beloved bacon would never betray me is such a cruel way

NEVER!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    This is a report by the WHO, not some rubbish dug up by the Daily Mail, so it probably is worth paying attention to. However, if you read the article rather than stopping at the sensationalist title, it says that "the announcement from the WHO deals with how certain we can be - so it's how strong the evidence is rather than how big a risk red and processed meat might pose... processed meat isn't anywhere near as risky as smoking" so it's not as if they're suggesting that all meat eaters are going to start dropping like flies.
    First reasonable response in this thread. The link between red meat/processed meat isn't that controversial, there has been plenty of research into it over the last few years, although the mechanism of action remains a little unexplained.It is just the link between red/processed meat and cancer is not as pronounced as smoking.

If I remember correctly, it tends to be seen in those who eat more than an average of 100g a day. The average Brit eats 70g. Most people have nothing to worry about.

Ha. I'll take the cancer.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see chicken and Tuna not affected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    First reasonable response in this thread.
    Actually, mine was.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.