Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I recently applied for Chemistry at Imperial, and I have been invited to an interview ( ). On the email it gives a link to a portal where I could select a date - if anyone else has had this do you know if they send a confirmation email (given it is preferred date?), or should I reply to the original email to check?

Secondly, it mentions 'Additionally, you will complete an admissions task as part of the day. This will take the form of aptitude questions testing your skills for which revision is not possible; the results of this task are contextual only and will not be used as a criterion for selection or offer making.'. What test is this? Is it am Imperial specific one (and if so are there any past papers just so I know what it will be like) or is it something like the TSA?

Thirdly, what is the dress code? Would some smart trousers, a shirt and a jumper be ok, or are they expecting a suit?

Does anyone have any tips?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    This is probably a bit late but they do send a confirmation email, no need to reply back.

I'm guessing the task is to test your skills and how you think. To me, it feels like it's out of my control when they said revision's not possible XD

There' son "dress code" I think, but I'm wearing the former if you want to know I prefer to feel more free to manoeuvre during the interview for writing purposes

I can PM you how my interview at UCL went if you want. By the way, what date did you pick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    This is probably a bit late but they do send a confirmation email, no need to reply back.

I'm guessing the task is to test your skills and how you think. To me, it feels like it's out of my control when they said revision's not possible XD

There' son "dress code" I think, but I'm wearing the former if you want to know I prefer to feel more free to manoeuvre during the interview for writing purposes

I can PM you how my interview at UCL went if you want. By the way, what date did you pick?
    Thanks! I sent an email just to check (had too book train tickets) and it all seemed fine. Hopefully the test won't be too bad, will still panic about it though

Good! I was thinking that the suit might be a bit over the top, especially going on the train and such. If you could PM me that would be amazing! I chose the 11th November.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.