Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have a telephone interview coming up for PwC's management consulting graduate role in the Bristol office. I was just wondering if anyone knew the sorts of questions that came up? I know that they put a lot of emphasis on targeting their 'competencies'.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasonG)
    Hi,

I have a telephone interview coming up for PwC's management consulting graduate role in the Bristol office. I was just wondering if anyone knew the sorts of questions that came up? I know that they put a lot of emphasis on targeting their 'competencies'.

Thanks.
    Will probably be focused around the competency framework. Most of the information you need is here:
    http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student...n-process.html

If you look into each of the competencies it will you give you an idea of the sort of questions they will ask. Just prepare 2 stories for each competency.

For commercial awareness, know about the scheme and the different areas. try and research any recent news (BBC, FT, AccountancyAge) relevant to PwC. Helps to know about the Strategy& (formerly Booz acquisition and why they acquired them).

Finally of course why PwC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StringersBell)
    Will probably be focused around the competency framework. Most of the information you need is here:
    http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student...n-process.html

If you look into each of the competencies it will you give you an idea of the sort of questions they will ask. Just prepare 2 stories for each competency.

For commercial awareness, know about the scheme and the different areas. try and research any recent news (BBC, FT, AccountancyAge) relevant to PwC. Helps to know about the Strategy& (formerly Booz acquisition and why they acquired them).

Finally of course why PwC.
    Thanks for your help!

I'll make sure to prep the competencies and have strong commercial awareness before the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.