Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Kings pre-registration numeracy and literacy test watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody
    I will submit my UCAS really soon for child nursing at Kings college London and four other unis
    Has anybody done the numeracy and literacy test for kings, how hard was it and how did you find it? I looked at me of the past papers that they put out and the questions are so hard. I don't know what they mean or how do to them. Any advice or tips for practising my maths skills so I can be ready for the interviews?

ReputationRep:
    you can try practising with SNAP
    http://legacy.snap-services.org/demo_info.aspx

ReputationRep:
    I've done their maths and English test last year and the maths test was sort of hard at the time (not so much now).

You have 15 questions to answer in 20 minutes, they provide you with their own calculator (very tiny buttons and small in size) and a lot of the questions are from the NHS [email protected] site.

I got 10/15 and the pass mark was 12/15.

I strongly advise you to revise the basics of maths and sign up to NHS [email protected] as soon as possible, so you can familiarise yourself with the type of questions and practice answering them.

The English test wasnt bad at all, but it's all written-based meaning that you have to to write paragraphs for the majority of the questions under timed conditions.

Time management and confidence is important, because if you're nervous and not managing the time properly, then it will hinder your chances of doing well.

You only have one chance, make it count!

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetalAlchemist)
    I've done their maths and English test last year and the maths test was sort of hard at the time (not so much now).

You have 15 questions to answer in 20 minutes, they provide you with their own calculator (very tiny buttons and small in size) and a lot of the questions are from the NHS [email protected] site.

I got 10/15 and the pass mark was 12/15.

I strongly advise you to revise the basics of maths and sign up to NHS [email protected] as soon as possible, so you can familiarise yourself with the type of questions and practice answering them.

The English test wasnt bad at all, but it's all written-based meaning that you have to to write paragraphs for the majority of the questions under timed conditions.

Time management and confidence is important, because if you're nervous and not managing the time properly, then it will hinder your chances of doing well.

You only have one chance, make it count!

All the best!
    Thank you for this helpful advice, but can I just ask what you mean by "a lot of the questions are from the NHS [email protected] site."? Do you mean that they are exactly the same questions that we will be doing on the selection day from the website or do you mean that they are similar to those on the website?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paris19)
    Thank you for this helpful advice, but can I just ask what you mean by "a lot of the questions are from the NHS [email protected] site."? Do you mean that they are exactly the same questions that we will be doing on the selection day from the website or do you mean that they are similar to those on the website? Thank you!
    Most of the questions I did on the [email protected] website was also in the numeracy paper at King's.

It even said "[email protected]" on the front cover.

I'm not sure if they have changed it now, but be aware of the questions that you practice online with as some of them may appear in the maths test.

ReputationRep:
    hello,

i have the numeracy and literacy test on the 10th of Feb. and im so confused with the structure of literacy test paper because i found 2 different examples of the test papers from kings collage university. one paper is based on English skills including 2 questions whereas on the other paper its only one question specifically linked to midwifery, i called up the uni but they didn't know too. plz help im scared.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.