Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wondered what peoples experiences were with training and the effects of different diets?

I box and I've always usually followed a pretty typical 3 meals a day with a couple of snacks sort of diet. Been experimenting with intermittent fasting the past 6 months or so and it took a while to get used to at first but can't say there hasn't been massive benefits for myself personally. When I'm just ticking over with training my weight tends to usually sit around 13st 4lb but since trying intermittent fasting I'm now sitting at 12st 7lb ish, certainly not lost much lean muscle, visceral fat, bmi etc etc all improved. The mental effect when I first started was massive I'd be panicking if I didn't eat before training/sparring/running but now I feel sluggish and lethargic if I eat before training.

ReputationRep:
    My diet was pretty easy: I didn't eat after 6 p.m. and limited myself in pasrty (it was the hardest part in my diet ). Also I used to be addicted to coffee, especially with sugar and milk... But I had to change my habbits, and now I can't live without this green tea. As it's really good even cold, I took it with me to my trainings instead of water. You also should know that if you want to lose weight you must drink a lot.
    Good luck you, sweetie!:lips::lips:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about reductan slimming product?

ReputationRep:
    No but why do you want to take it? (obviously to lose weight I suppose). If you want to lose weight just eat less and move more it's very simple, if you're overeating or something then no slimming product is going to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwoTribes94)
    No but why do you want to take it? (obviously to lose weight I suppose). If you want to lose weight just eat less and move more it's very simple, if you're overeating or something then no slimming product is going to work.
    Tbh, by way of quantity, I don't go much further than the 16-8, but apparently what you eat really counts. For example, if you want to lose weight, cut down on fructose big time. The government may tell us to have five fruit a day, etc., but they know that the research shows that it is completely out of date. From personal experience, I can tell you that eating less fruit actually helps (along with the obvious tip of avoiding high-fructose corn syrup etc.)... The reason is that our bodies can't actually break down fructose all that well, so they turn it into fat. Simple
    Basically, if you can be bothered to read the up-and-coming science articles on this, it really helps!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by emilitta)
    Does anyone know anything about reductan slimming product?
    It's a fad. A complete waste of money

(Original post by Treblebee)
    Tbh, by way of quantity, I don't go much further than the 16-8, but apparently what you eat really counts. For example, if you want to lose weight, cut down on fructose big time. The government may tell us to have five fruit a day, etc., but they know that the research shows that it is completely out of date. From personal experience, I can tell you that eating less fruit actually helps (along with the obvious tip of avoiding high-fructose corn syrup etc.)... The reason is that our bodies can't actually break down fructose all that well, so they turn it into fat. Simple
    Basically, if you can be bothered to read the up-and-coming science articles on this, it really helps!
    Fructose is a perfectly fine thing to eat. Eating less fruit aids weight loss? You must eat a bucket a day. Corn syrup is pure fructose, isn't filling and is craveable. Hence it isn't healthy, whilst fruit is filling, contains vitamins and fibre. Hence it is good for you. 5 pieces of fruit/ vegetables is the minimum you should per day.
    Fructose can be metabolised just fine, your writing about fat defies all science.
    You haven't been reading up and coming science.

The only way to lose weight is to eat less calories than you need to maintain weight. Read the FAQ http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3014757

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)

Fructose is a perfectly fine thing to eat. Eating less fruit aids weight loss? You must eat a bucket a day. Corn syrup is pure fructose, isn't filling and is craveable. Hence it isn't healthy, whilst fruit is filling, contains vitamins and fibre. Hence it is good for you. 5 pieces of fruit/ vegetables is the minimum you should per day.
    Fructose can be metabolised just fine, your writing about fat defies all science.

The only way to lose weight is to eat less calories than you need to maintain weight. Read the FAQ http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3014757
    Bang on, maybe they didn't realise that by eating less fruit= they're consuming less calories but less nutrients. Anything will work if you're in a calorie deficit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)

Okay, read this (and the citations that follow): http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/76/5/911.short

Also, you should know that calories are out of date (and I don't mean in terms of the name - losing weight is not that simple): http://journals.cambridge.org/action...68980015000014

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.