Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI.
    I am applying to Liverpool for law, but I am from Manchester, so have no idea about how it is seen by people in Liverpool. Is it considered to be good or most of the people there apply to the universities outside the Liverpool e.g. Leeds or Manchester?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people from Manchester come here because you get to get away from home but it's only a short commute to go back. You won't have a problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am an offer holder for Liverpool uni for 2016 and I live 15 minutes drive out of the city centre . The general perception is that it is a good uni round these parts, but from what I have picked up not many locals tend to actually end up going there (I don't think I will to be honest as I already have 3 other offers from other RG unis). The locals tend to end up going more to JMU or Edge Hill.

Everyone who has applied to Liverpool that I know of has also applied at least Leeds and Manchester too (myself included) - It's seen as a good uni but not the ultimate goal at the end of your A2's. Really, it just depends on the person, as some people are put off by it being so close, but others find it good as you can live away from home but pop round if you need anything at home!

UoL has an amazing reputation here. It's regarded really highly by everyone I've spoken to and people who go there tend to be respected. For people who want to stay local, it tends to be the ultimate goal. At least, for everyone on my course it is.

I don't know about others who are applying to universities outside of Liverpool, but for me, it's nothing against the university - in fact, if it weren't in the city I'd lived in all my life, I'd almost definitely apply. I just - having the oportunity to go anywhere in the UK - feel like it'd be a waste to stay here and not explore another city.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.