Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have tried most things to revise such as flashcards,mindmaps,highlighting ,post it notes, past papers, reading, listening on youtube.
    what else is there?! really desperate now as I've got mocks in november and real exams in may/june!
    please help

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I would say the best thing to do is find out what type of learner you are. Type into google 'what type of learner am I?' then several quizzes will pop up. Take a few and get an average answer whether you learn visually, by ear or by doing things. Then type into google what ways are best to study for the type of learner you are. Hopefully you will find some useful tips! Sometimes, I imagine I am teaching someone else so I speak aloud which I find really helps when you don't understand something! Good luck with your studying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    Hi there,

I would say the best thing to do is find out what type of learner you are. Type into google 'what type of learner am I?' then several quizzes will pop up. Take a few and get an average answer whether you learn visually, by ear or by doing things. Then type into google what ways are best to study for the type of learner you are. Hopefully you will find some useful tips! Sometimes, I imagine I am teaching someone else so I speak aloud which I find really helps when you don't understand something! Good luck with your studying!
    well i did the test and i got visual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyjanee15)
    well i did the test and i got visual
    Ok, so put 'revision techniques for visual learners' into google, and the second web link (a pdf) seems quite useful! In general, visual learners learn best with using really bright colours, highlighting and writing in them so u should get yourself a big set of felt tips !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    Ok, so put 'revision techniques for visual learners' into google, and the second web link (a pdf) seems quite useful! In general, visual learners learn best with using really bright colours, highlighting and writing in them so u should get yourself a big set of felt tips !
    aw, thanks, I've just looked some useful info there, thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyjanee15)
    aw, thanks, I've just looked some useful info there, thanks for your help
    Your welcome hope your exams go well

ReputationRep:
    maybe make flashcards and past papers to help your revision i do this to help revision

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.