Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I would love to go to King's, and my GCSEs were strong enough - however, during my AS exams I was suffering from severe depression, which lead to fallen results. My predicted grades became ABC, and AAA is needed to enter King's. I know that it is unlikely that I will get an offer, but I aim to resit 4 of my AS level exams in order to better my grades with the aim of applying through adjustment if it's possible. However, would it be worth applying?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your teachers for your classes/whoever is managing your UCAS, and ask if they can perhaps put your predicted grades up. Tell them you believe you can honestly achieve these grades, and that you are 'desperate' to attend KCL (just say you are even if you're not). This worked for me, I got my predicted grades up to A*A*A even though I got AABB in AS.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by RoamingEmpire)
    Hello!
    I would love to go to King's, and my GCSEs were strong enough - however, during my AS exams I was suffering from severe depression, which lead to fallen results. My predicted grades became ABC, and AAA is needed to enter King's. I know that it is unlikely that I will get an offer, but I aim to resit 4 of my AS level exams in order to better my grades with the aim of applying through adjustment if it's possible. However, would it be worth applying?
    Hi there,

Great to hear you're interested in King's!

We wouldn't normally consider applicants with predicted grades of ABC for the English and Film course. However, we may be able to give applicants with mitigating circumstances extra consideration. We also take into account the strength of your personal statement and previously attained qualifications. We'd advise you to complete the mitigating circumstances form available on our website (http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergrad...umstances.aspx) and send it to the email address given on the form very soon after you've applied through UCAS. It would also be a good idea to mention in the personal statement section of your application that you'll be providing mitigating circumstances information, so we know to take this into account when assessing your application.

Hope that helps to answer your question. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Admissions team via email ([email protected]) or if you'd like to speak to someone directly you can call +44 (0)20 7848 7439.

Best wishes,
    Jenna

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.