The Student Room Group

UCL vs Nottingham (neuroscience)

Which one is better for neuroscience?? In terms of finance, social life, academics etc

I've done a bit of research and Nottingham seems to be a more "friendly" place to go in terms of night life and campus life and it also seems A LOT cheaper than UCL. I live 40 minutes away from UCL but I dont get along with my parents in the slightest so would still want to move out to halls. UCL is more "prestige" and seems to have more of a reputation in neuroscience and I feel I would get more opportunities and hence get a better job after unii? The average salary 6 months after graduating is also bigger in UCL (24000) than Nottingham (17000). UCL has more people in professional jobs than Nottingham but Nottingham has less people in unemployment. I want to enjoy my time at unii but at the same time want to be able to get a good job after I graduate? I am willing to work really hard which ever unii I go and get lots of experiences and extra work done during my time but I feel that will be easier to do at UCL because they are more academic? But again UCL is expensive and I am slightly sick of living in London.

Which do you think will be better for neuroscience?

Spoiler

bump

Quick Reply

Latest