Turn on thread page Beta

DSA for Dyslexia doing a PhD / EngD / Doctorate. watch

    • Thread Starter

    I have just started an EngD (Engineering Doctorate) following on from my BSc and MA (all at different universities). I was eligible for DSA (dyslexia) during my undergrad and masters degree and was given lots of things in my first year (laptop, printer etc.)

    I have a 'needs assessment' on Wednesday for DSA during my doctorate. Does anyone know what sort of funding a postgraduate is likely to receive? Also, does anyone have experience with a postgraduate DSA needs assessment?


    You should get the same or similar considerations as before, as long as your condition hasn't changed. If your current study presents more or different problems, DSA should help cater for these.

    Basically there's nothing extra that you will automatically get for your EngD. As before, the difficulties caused by your condition will be assessed on an individual basis, and recommendations made to help you.

    Is there anything specific that you're concerned about?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.