Bristol University Accommodation Deadline

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey Everybody.

I have an offer from Bristol Uni for next year. I sent in my accommodation form the day before the deadline and then received a letter back saying it was too late, stamped about 2 weeks after the deadline. Does this mean it wasn't even opened till this date and I have missed the deadline due to their administration time???

Has anybody else missed the deadline or had this happen to them?
If so, whats the best thing to do.....? Phone up and beg so I can still have my halls guarantee or start looking at private accommodation now?

In previous years, do the majority of people who miss the deadline still get halls, or do I have no chance?

Thanks for your help
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hiya I got an offer too but still havn't heard from the accomodation. Phone them up and beg or just sit it out, i don't think they make the decisions until after results anyway so you might be lucky. If they have insurance offers or clearing they would probably put you first.Also it would be really scary living alone in your first year. Even if u end up in a student house rather than halls it's probably better than private accomodation. By the way which halls did u apply for.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I just applied for all catered halls to avoid cooking and washing up. What about you?? Which course you doing?

Have you had a look around bristol? It all looks pretty expensive to me and I want to avoid living in private accommodation really. I hope missing the deadline will just mean that my preference goes out thie window but I can still get a hall / student house.

Cheers....IAN
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I apllied to do spanish and portuguese, how about you? starting to really worry about the fact that everything seems so pricy. I really hope I end up in catered halls, i need a year of comfort before i end up living on beans. Also my cookings so so bad :0)
imot85
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(this is still the unregistered person from above - but now I registered! incase you were getting mixed up)

I applied for Economics with Spanish! so could possibly see you around. Thats if I had any chance of getting the grades.

Do you get to go for a year out in spain and/or portugal??
If so you have any idea where you want to go??
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no idea where i want to go in spain. Anywhere just as long as they speak castillian. I can't face learning eskudi or catalan properly before going over there. Don't know if i really want to do portuguses anymore.Quite fancy doing italian but I don't know if they'll let me change. What was you offer?
imot85
Report 16 years ago
I need ABB for Bristol, but after a maths disaster I don't think that's possible.

I didn't even know you could do italian there, but one language is enough for me.

I think i'd like to go to Granada but not exactly sure yet. Are we meant to be close to fluent before we go? I can see that being a rly hard year...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
my offers the same but i'm so scared about my results. I know i cocked up all my exams. Granada seemed really nice cos I visited it when I went on an exchange in cordoba. I can't see myself managing for a year but there's no point in panicking now about year3. I'm really hoping they don't expect u to be fluent cos i'm doing portuguese from scratch and theres no way I can be fluent after 2 years.
dusty fairy
Report 16 years ago
what is the deadline for accomodation? im maybe doing french and italian but dont really know anything about halls. and apparently they get you to the post A level standard by easter if you start from scratch with a language, thats the same in all unis i looked at
shana
Report 16 years ago
Is taking up Bristol accomodation a good idea?It sounds pretty expensive, 100 per week for family apt.Hows the apartment rents elsewhere in Bristol?
Thanx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (287)
34.13%
No (554)
65.87%

Watched Threads