Turn on thread page Beta

what will technology be like when in the distant future watch

ReputationRep:
    what would you think technology would be like when civilisation reaches the maximum limit of tech advancement in the distant future I mean look how technology has advanced already when it reaches its peak what will it be like

ReputationRep:
    when i can put my hand into the screen and grab the object :lol::lol::lol:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    The ability to go from one side of the world to another very, very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ednut)
    what would you think technology would be like when civilisation reaches the maximum limit of tech advancement in the distant future I mean look how technology has advanced already when it reaches its peak what will it be like
    I do not believe we can even convieve of a point where we have reached the maximum limit of tech advancement. I do not believe there is such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    i think we will be able to live forever

ReputationRep:
    i think we will have a platform where we can talk to people all over the world and write messages and be able to send other people videos of cats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ednut)
    We'll almost certainly see Artificial General Intelligence develop; we'll see longevity research advance to the point that we're basically immortal; we might achieve digital immortality, when we can upload our minds to computers; we'll be able to become cyborgs; we'll be able to use nanotechnology and other technology to phase out involuntary suffering in every sentient being; we'll be able to develop von Neumann probes to propagate themselves across the galaxy; we'll be able to optimise energy and matter into a state of pure bliss, leaving our biological bodies behind and propagating this state of bliss with von Neumann probes throughout the galaxy and the universe.

And so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ednut)
    Three words.

Futuristic Sex Robots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAINE.)
    Three words.

Futuristic Sex Robots.
    Tbh I think those are closer than you might think, give it a few decades

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.