The Student Room Group

Which university should be my first choice?

Scroll to see replies

Brighton is a fun place. I'd definitely choose that if it did the course I need.....it seems definitely the best out of the other towns
Original post by emiloujess
I hope you can make the right decision :smile: I've already chosen mine

What is yours?
Original post by ElizabethAde
What is yours?

Cardiff first choice, Aberystwyth second :smile: I have both offers so I'm ecstatic :biggrin:
Original post by emiloujess
Cardiff first choice, Aberystwyth second :smile: I have both offers so I'm ecstatic :biggrin:

That's great! What course will you study?
That's great! What course will you study?

At Cardiff it's Social Analytics and Politics (or Politics and Sociology which I've also applied to but haven't got an offer for yet, but I prefer the first one) and at Aberystwyth it's International Politics and Intelligence Studies. :smile:

I've also applied to Birmingham and Swansea.
We can't make this decision OP, only you can! I'm not going to impose my, most likely biased and different, idea of which you should go for because I'm not you, I don't know anything about your preferences or your personality.

Crowd sourcing a personal decision isn't a good idea.

Best of luck with your choices. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
We can't make this decision OP, only you can! I'm not going to impose my, most likely biased and different, idea of which you should go for because I'm not you, I don't know anything about your preferences or your personality.

Crowd sourcing a personal decision isn't a good idea.

Best of luck with your choices. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your advice! I understand your point, and you have raised very interesting points. I have a brief idea of what I want, but I just want other opinions and see if they match mine.
Northampton is criminally underrated for Accounting and Finance, I'm doing this course too and will be putting this option down. The amount of people that leave with a first and upper second is incredible, plus student satisfaction is high, and graduate opportunities and salaries just as competitive as anywhere else. I would avoid Brighton, they're asking for higher grades that others yet they perform poorer than their rivals in every aspect of (THIS COURSE)

Ps, would you pm me the results so far as I'm also going to do accounting and finance, predicted 300 points. I have heard DMU is good too, however a lot of people do complain about no one talking to each other there and poor feedback on essays ect, but I guess this happens in a lot of places. My sister goes there for Pharmacy so I've been a few times and it's ok but you do have better options on that list of yours.
I'm not really sure how BTECS work, but could you still apply to Leicester with those grades? This is a very solid university for the course, and really should be RG tbh. The ask for ABB
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alexp98
Northampton is criminally underrated for Accounting and Finance, I'm doing this course too and will be putting this option down. The amount of people that leave with a first and upper second is incredible, plus student satisfaction is high, and graduate opportunities and salaries just as competitive as anywhere else. I would avoid Brighton, they're asking for higher grades that others yet they perform poorer than their rivals in every aspect of (THIS COURSE)

Ps, would you pm me the results so far as I'm also going to do accounting and finance, predicted 300 points. I have heard DMU is good too, however a lot of people do complain about no one talking to each other there and poor feedback on essays ect, but I guess this happens in a lot of places. My sister goes there for Pharmacy so I've been a few times and it's ok but you do have better options on that list of yours.
I'm not really sure how BTECS work, but could you still apply to Leicester with those grades? This is a very solid university for the course, and really should be RG tbh. The ask for ABB

They accept BTECS at the universities I listed up there! Your advise is really helpful...also we can be buddies since we want to do the same course. I will definitely pm you the results. Have you sent your application off?
They accept BTECS at the universities I listed up there! Your advise is really helpful...also we can be buddies since we want to do the same course. I will definitely pm you the results. Have you sent your application off?

Not yet, my button date from school is November 23rd. My PS is done and everything else too so now I'm just narrowing down the list of the 5 Uni's then I'm done :smile: I've done lots of research and my Dad is an accountant too so I'll be able to help you!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending