Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am feeling incredibly guilty because my mocks are coming up soon, in like 3 weeks, but I have access to all of them. Do you suggest I use them or not?

I have felt like deleting them and revise properly but it's so tempting to just use them in a beneficial way to enhance my grades. I do understand having access is not beneficial at all.

Help me! Advise me on what to do.

ReputationRep:
    i have one thing to say ....

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEs2016)
    I am feeling incredibly guilty because my mocks are coming up soon, in like 3 weeks, but I have access to all of them. Do you suggest I use them or not?

I have felt like deleting them and revise properly but it's so tempting to just use them in a beneficial way to enhance my grades. I do understand having access is not beneficial at all.

Short term: You'll do well.
    Long term: If you do really well, a teacher may expect you to know things by yourself therefore you won't be gaining any help. Also, you're just cheating because you have the papers. Will you have the real papers in the exam? NO. So just man up and deleted them and actually do some work for yourself. This way you are preparing yourself to fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEs2016)

Cheating on mock exams is pointless
    You will learn nothing about your readiness or revision needs to prepare for the summer exams
    Your teachers will learn nothing about the help they need to give you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On a more serious note dear, i'm certain it would have negative effects on future exams you do as you will truly have no idea what's coming up, some sort of "false confidence" grows...i suggest you don't give in , stay strong and true to yourself (DON'T PEEK)

ReputationRep:
    i am in a similar position and i suggest dont peak cuz then you'll get too confident when it comes to the real thing, you wont end up revising cuz you'll think you too god. Dont peak, don't give in stay strong so when you do do your mocks and get the results then you'll know you earn t those grades

ReputationRep:
    do you have aqa a geography? i've already done my gcses i just want to look at the paper i did x

ReputationRep:
    Depend entirely on whether you want to use it as an effective revision tool, or if you'd rather "impress" people.

Honestly, nobody but you will care about your mock grades. I just took them to see how much actual revision I'd need to do to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    I don't think bit will benefit you much. If you revise genuinely for your mocks you will know where you are now, how much more work you need to do, which revision strategies worked and which didn't, how much you were able to retain and what you didn't fully understand. Cheating will only fill you with a false sense of self confidence

So you decide

ReputationRep:
    Get 100% in all the mocks they become life threateningly ill during exam period so they give you your mock grades
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'd suggest not using them for your own benefit. A mock is for you to know what you're good at and what you need to look over before the actual exam. Perhaps after you have your mocks, look over them then but not before. Good Luck in your upcoming exams

ReputationRep:
    DON'T DO IT

(seriously don't, you'll end up hugely disappointed on results day)

ReputationRep:
    No, mock exams can be really helpful and will help you understand which areas you need to work on. In the short term you may be credited however in the long term and on results day you may be disappointed. There is no point in cheating on a mock.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.