Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Seriously need help. I have loads of exams next year and thinking about it gets me stressed out making me not want to do the work even more! I tried to inspire myself by putting up the prospectuses of the unis I want to get into but then I think of 'what if I don't get in?'

I would be grateful for any help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    Seriously need help. I have loads of exams next year and thinking about it gets me stressed out making me not want to do the work even more! I tried to inspire myself by putting up the prospectuses of the unis I want to get into but then I think of 'what if I don't get in?'

I would be grateful for any help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try spiting up your work and focus on each part separately. Make your area exist exclusively for the purpose of your work. For example, isolate yourself from the internet, mobile phone and other distractions. Perhaps put your phone on flight mode or turn off your internet so that you don't get messages or emails while you're working. This way you might find that you can concentrate on your work for long hours of time.

Is there adequate ventilation in the area you are working? If your area of work is stuffy and poorly ventilated then you will quickly loose concentration and feel tired as a result.

ReputationRep:
    I found listening to classical music whilst studying helped me stay calm and focused (cheesy I know) but with the occasional rocks song thrown into the playlist so I could have a break {rave}

As for the worrying, just think that every minute you spend studying makes you more likely to get in, and that there's no doubt that they'd want someone as awesome as you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I heard that if you believe something, it comes true. Pma!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys Right now I am doing maths and I have turned on classical music! Hopefully it will work...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    Thanks guys Right now I am doing maths and I have turned on classical music! Hopefully it will work...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even though I believe you might find some sort of background noise conducive, I think too much can be disturbing though

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar problem, except, I do like taking exams and (mostly) don't get worried about them. However, I have a really tough time sitting down and revising. I just get distracted so easily and it drives me insane to work for more than even 30 minutes.

Being distracted so easily is annoying me so much. Any tips for me?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.