Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

not turning up to work watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi supposing you wanted a day off work and you asked and they said you had to come in and you just didn't turn up, what would happen to you? slap on the wrist or fired?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
    Hi supposing you wanted a day off work and you asked and they said you had to come in and you just didn't turn up, what would happen to you? slap on the wrist or fired?

depends on were you work. some place you would, but i depends on the comany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgeheal)
    depends on were you work. some place you would, but i depends on the comany.
    I work at McDonald's

ReputationRep:
    could be classed as gross misconduct if they had already said no, so could be instant dismissal. however, you may just get a warning, depends on how good an employee you are normally and how long you have worked for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bamtutor)
    could be classed as gross misconduct
    that phrase gross misconduct' is so dramatic though lol like you sexually harrassed someone haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
    I work at McDonald's
    dont know then. it chould be either misscondt or gross miss conudct. either which can lead to you loseing your job. you chould just pul a sick day.

ReputationRep:
    If you've spoken to them, asked for the day off and been told you need to work then you're expected to be there. If you don't bother to go in they could terminate your employment with them.

I'd be very cautious about having a sick day as people have suggested, you've already asked for the day off and been told you're needed, your manager is bound to be suspicious if you call in sick.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.