What are some good non Russell group universities?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
mariapvera
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm talking universities that don't ask for AAA ABB more like Cs and Bs but have a good reputation?
notsogeordie
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
It depends on the course you want to do
chelseafreak
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Sheffield, Sheffield Halam, Derby
jlsmpV2
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Ive heard these are really good
university of Birmingham >
JackFletch
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Brighton and Oxford Brookes are both good choices for BBB-BBC
SamuelSingleton
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
anything with metropolitan in the name is apparently really good !
stochasticking
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mariapvera)
I'm talking universities that don't ask for AAA ABB more like Cs and Bs but have a good reputation?
Well. I went to Aston for undergrad which isn't russell group and is not bad. I got ABB though and some of my friends got AAB. The fact is to go to a decent uni you will need A's and B's.
dancing sloth
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Leicester.
Royal Holloway.
notsogeordie
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
They're all Russell Group...
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by notsogeordie)
They're all Russell Group...
Thats the joke... he's saying all other unis dont matter (as a joke)
Laura.Laurent
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chelseafreak)
Sheffield, Sheffield Halam, Derby
Sheffield is Russell Group and ranked within the top 100 universities in the world...
chelseafreak
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Laura.Laurent)
Sheffield is Russell Group and ranked within the top 100 universities in the world...
ok my bad
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 6 years ago
Bath is one of the better non-RG universities, apparently. I couldn't confirm it but that's what I've heard from friends who've applied there.
Airfairy
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
So many people offering up unis that ARE RG. Facepalm.

Lancaster perhaps? I know a lot who got in with BBB.
kkboyk
Report 6 years ago
Reading, Strathyclyde, St andrews, Heriot-Watt, Leicester, Loughborough, Aberdeen, thay welsh one, Brunel, Royal holloway, Lancaster, Surrey, Sussex and City.

This only applies to non STEM courses.
username2130115
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
hull, lancaster, leicester, loughborough, city, brunel, royal holloway, aston, essex, sussex, heriot-watt, strathclyde, aberdeen, dundee, and stirling
alexp98
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Leicester is class, probably should be a RG though so I think they do still ask for mainly A's.
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Swansea, Keele, Sussex, Reading and Bangor
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
UEA
troubadour.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mariapvera)
Most of the better non-RG universities will want at least Bs, with perhaps one C in the standard offer. Institutions that require more Cs than As/Bs are typically not that good comparatively, although one may have a great time there as an individual and find it fantastic.
X
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.02%
As I expected (65)
33.16%
Harder (72)
36.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.08%

Watched Threads