Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I am doing some revision for my psychology mock and would like to know whether this draft paragraph for a strength of interference theory is correct:

A strength of the interference theory is that it can be applied to real life situations such as marketing campaigns. Burke and Skrull (1988) presented a series of magazine adverts to their participants who had to recall the details of what they had seen (e.g. brand name). In some cases they had problems recalling earlier adverts and in others later adverts. The effect was greater when the adverts were similar; this phenomenon is known as competitive interference. This knowledge helps marketers think of practical ways to overcome this problem. By ensuring adverts are spaced out significantly far apart from the airing of rival brands (instead of being exposed to many adverts in a short time frame), the degree of forgetting individual adverts decreases.

I was using an explanation of a similar study from one book with the study above from another book so I want to know if it works and that my paragraph makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blitzchika)
    So I am doing some revision for my psychology mock and would like to know whether this draft paragraph for a strength of interference theory is correct:

A strength of the interference theory is that it can be applied to real life situations such as marketing campaigns. Burke and Skrull (1988) presented a series of magazine adverts to their participants who had to recall the details of what they had seen (e.g. brand name). In some cases they had problems recalling earlier adverts and in others later adverts. The effect was greater when the adverts were similar; this phenomenon is known as competitive interference. This knowledge helps marketers think of practical ways to overcome this problem. By ensuring adverts are spaced out significantly far apart from the airing of rival brands (instead of being exposed to many adverts in a short time frame), the degree of forgetting individual adverts decreases.

I was using an explanation of a similar study from one book with the study above from another book so I want to know if it works and that my paragraph makes sense
    Looks nice but this is like 2 points made into 1 - if you seperate the two points out you'd get two marks. The study is supporting evidence and the application is marketing, so maybe write seperate PEE points for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyknowles2)
    Looks nice but this is like 2 points made into 1 - if you seperate the two points out you'd get two marks. The study is supporting evidence and the application is marketing, so maybe write seperate PEE points for them.
    Thanks for the feedback

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.