Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, has anyone got an offer for an AI course, if so what uni? gcse/predicted/AS grades ??

I was also wondering if there are any IT related courses that require ICT at a level?

ReputationRep:
    none of them require ICT A-Level
    some require computing or mathematics or just mathematics though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    none of them require ICT A-Level
    some require computing or mathematics or just mathematics though.
    I have come across many courses that show interest in taking ICT, but yes none as a requirement ... o.O it makes me think ICT's abit pointless but i find it quite interesting
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by emilyp2206)
    I have come across many courses that show interest in taking ICT, but yes none as a requirement ... o.O it makes me think ICT's abit pointless but i find it quite interesting
    ICT is absolutely useless for anything CS/AI related.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    ICT is absolutely useless for anything CS/AI related.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite understandable, I'm unsure if I wanted to go down the AI/CS route (doing maths and further currently) , or IT route such as digital media. I'm passionate about both fields. At least my options are open I guess
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Quite understandable, I'm unsure if I wanted to go down the AI/CS route (doing maths and further currently) , or IT route such as digital media. I'm passionate about both fields. At least my options are open I guess
    In that case, go for AI/CS - it's way more sexy.

Jk, it's up to you - I'd research both degrees/job opportunities within digital media before making a firm decision. With Maths and FM, you're in a strong position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    In that case, go for AI/CS - it's way more sexy.

Jk, it's up to you - I'd research both degrees/job opportunities within digital media before making a firm decision. With Maths and FM, you're in a strong position.
    That's good to know
    My only issue is at GCSE I wasn't allowed to take computing due to slacking in year 8 (we took our options early) and in the end proved to get a decent set of results and now take my A* subjects at A level. Will I be disadvantaged for not doing CS at GCSE and a level even though my school offer it? I took further maths to make up for it alongside basing my EPQ on AI :/

ReputationRep:
    There are a number of AI modules integrated into my Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree, admittedly they're all optional though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanx623)
    There are a number of AI modules integrated into my Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree, admittedly they're all optional though
    Could i ask what a-levels/equiv you took?

ReputationRep:
    Could i ask what a-levels/equiv you took?
    Maths, Further Maths, COMPSCI & Electronics

ReputationRep:
    If you have done ICT try buisness information system

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Artificial Intelligence at Uni and I have 4 offers from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Nottingham and York at AAA and I'm awaiting the reply of the 5th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetechyone)
    I've applied for Artificial Intelligence at Uni and I have 4 offers from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Nottingham and York at AAA and I'm awaiting the reply of the 5th
    Can i ask what grades did you achieve at as level and for what subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juan24)
    Can i ask what grades did you achieve at as level and for what subjects
    Hey. Yeah course. I got BBC in Maths, Chemistry and Biology but I'm resitting a module in each so I'm set to get AAA/AAB at A-level. I've got my fifth offer now too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetechyone)
    Hey. Yeah course. I got BBC in Maths, Chemistry and Biology but I'm resitting a module in each so I'm set to get AAA/AAB at A-level. I've got my fifth offer now too.
    Thanks, im currently in yr 12, what were your predicted grades you applied with for uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juan24)
    Thanks, im currently in yr 12, what were your predicted grades you applied with for uni
    I applied with AAB as my predicted grades and got 4 AAA offers and 1 AAB. What subjects are you taking as some unis will lower your offer if you have a computing A-level?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.