Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I applied for oxford this fall and i am a bit confused about oxford tuition fee reductions (in case i get an offer). From this site here I understand that I must first apply for the 9.000 loan and after apply for the tuition fee reduction. This means that I could apply for the reduction only after the spring of 2016..In the same time, ,,The deadline for tuition fee reduction approvals is 20 December 2015.,, ( on the same page). Could someone explain me where have I gone wrong?
    P.S: Has anyone received any news from Oxford?

http://www.ox.ac.uk/students/fees-fu...d-support/faqs

The deadline for the awarding of bursaries is 30 May 2016. No matter at what point during the year up to this deadline the award is made, it will be made for the whole year, for example, if a student is awarded £3,000 they will receive this amount whether their award is made in Michaelmas, Hilary or Trinity term; only the number of instalments will differ.The deadline for tuition fee reduction approvals is 20 December 2015.

ReputationRep:
    It gets sorted out after you get an offer, so if you've applied this October you won't be starting until October 2016, and the tuition fee reduction deadline will be (approximately) 20 December 2016.

(Just to double check, do you know this only applies to EU students?)

ReputationRep:
    now i understand. thankyou so much. yes , I am EU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan_budu)
    Hello,
    I applied for oxford this fall and i am a bit confused about oxford tuition fee reductions (in case i get an offer). From this site here I understand that I must first apply for the 9.000 loan and after apply for the tuition fee reduction. This means that I could apply for the reduction only after the spring of 2016..In the same time, ,,The deadline for tuition fee reduction approvals is 20 December 2015.,, ( on the same page). Could someone explain me where have I gone wrong?
    P.S: Has anyone received any news from Oxford?

http://www.ox.ac.uk/students/fees-fu...d-support/faqs

The deadline for the awarding of bursaries is 30 May 2016. No matter at what point during the year up to this deadline the award is made, it will be made for the whole year, for example, if a student is awarded £3,000 they will receive this amount whether their award is made in Michaelmas, Hilary or Trinity term; only the number of instalments will differ.The deadline for tuition fee reduction approvals is 20 December 2015.
    If you are starting a course in 2016 and are from the EU but not the UK, then you would be eligible for the Oxford Bursary scheme but not for tuition fee reduction. See http://www.ox.ac.uk/students/fees-fu...oxford-support
    for details of eligibility. The tuition fee reductions listed there apply to students who started courses in 2012, 2013, or 2014 only.

The only fee reductions Oxford now offers (the original scheme was adjusted to increase bursaries and remove fee reductions since this was felt to be more beneficial to students who could choose what to do with the a bursary but not with a fee reduction) are part of the Moritz-Heyman scholarship scheme, which is open to UK students only.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.