Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I an inspirational figure? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In order to focus my younger sister towards a worthwhile goal in life I have suggested she draw up a list of inspirational figures and try and aspire to be like them.

I suggested she might want to include me in that list.

Is that fair?

ReputationRep:
    please go to sleep

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    It's fair to say that you inspire people on how not to end up like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tailored_Suit)
    It's fair to say that you inspire people on how not to end up like you.
    I don't understand...

So people should be short, fat, go to a no name crap university, study some nonsense subject and drive a ford Ka ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    I don't understand...

So people should be short, fat, go to a no name crap university, study some nonsense subject and drive a ford Ka ??
    And this is exactly why you don't inspire people.

ReputationRep:
    No inspirational figure says to anyone else that they should regard them as inspirational. So by that definition, you are no longer inspirational. Soz mate.

ReputationRep:
    yawn/10

ReputationRep:
    Lotta weirdos round here...

ReputationRep:
    You may be an inspirational figure, but I am a beacon of culture and hospitality in my neighbourhood. After all, I have my own automatic washing machine and a white slimline telephone with last number redial.

If we are talking of inspirational figures, then my son, Sheridan, is the most inspirational person I know. A brilliant mind of his generation, who is off studying tapestry design and advanced needlework at a polytechnic (it's university standard, you know).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDB1826)
    No inspirational figure says to anyone else that they should regard them as inspirational. So by that definition, you are no longer inspirational. Soz mate.
    Hmm that's possibly true. But she's too young to really appreciate my achievements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maggie_O)
    Lotta weirdos round here...
    You aint
    Love your dress sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    You aint
    Love your dress sense
    Aw thanks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    you're a little bit inspirational, but you need to post more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyacinth Bucket)
    You may be an inspirational figure, but I am a beacon of culture and hospitality in my neighbourhood. After all, I have my own automatic washing machine and a white slimline telephone with last number redial.

If we are talking of inspirational figures, then my son, Sheridan, is the most inspirational person I know. A brilliant mind of his generation, who is off studying tapestry design and advanced needlework at a polytechnic (it's university standard, you know).
    I love seeing your posts around here! Please keep going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    I don't understand...

This should be short, fat, good looking, not fake an Oxford degree, study some nonsense subject, and drive an airplane.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.