Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ebay seller isusue help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, So basically I have recently lost my job and I'm trying anything to earn abit of money to keep me going meanwhile searching for a new one.

I have been playing on FIFA 16 a lot meaning that I accumulated a lot of coins. I decided that I could do with the money so I sold all the coins in which I have earnt. I then realised that I was able to sell the coins for more than other sellers, which gave me an idea.

I started purchasing coins from other sellers for cheap and then reselling them on for a bigger profit.

After 4 or 5 times, this was now going well and sales started picking up (yes I did feel like an entrepreneur lol) so I started selling coins in a higher quality increasing the profit margins.

Eventually I listed one for £215 and at my disbelief some one purchased it, this is where the issue however started.

It all went fine, and the buyer was really happy. Around 2 weeks later however a case was opened against me stating that the buyers ebay and paypal was hacked and someone purchased this on there account.

He started messaging me saying that he wants his money back as it wasn't him and that he is contacting ebay and paypal. Due to this not being a physical item it meant that there was no tracking on this so I had no proof that I had sent it, however this didn't matter anyway due to him simply claiming that his account was hacked.

He eventually after around 2 weeks won the case meaning I am now £215 down, and in a bigger hole than I previously was and still currently unemployed and stuck with £60 worth of ebay fees!!

I believe that was he stated was a pack of lies and he has clearly just scammed me out of my money, which I find unfair as I kept my side of the deal and transferred him all the coins as required.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO? IS THERE ANYWAY I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET ANY OF MY MONEY BACK?

Thanks for taking your time to read this post.

I hope there is however if not at least I have learned a life lesson that most people out there are scammers, cheats and robbing *******s looking to take advantage of us hard workers.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cp12345)
    Ok, So basically I have recently lost my job and I'm trying anything to earn abit of money to keep me going meanwhile searching for a new one.

I have been playing on FIFA 16 a lot meaning that I accumulated a lot of coins. I decided that I could do with the money so I sold all the coins in which I have earnt. I then realised that I was able to sell the coins for more than other sellers, which gave me an idea.

I started purchasing coins from other sellers for cheap and then reselling them on for a bigger profit.

After 4 or 5 times, this was now going well and sales started picking up (yes I did feel like an entrepreneur lol) so I started selling coins in a higher quality increasing the profit margins.

Eventually I listed one for £215 and at my disbelief some one purchased it, this is where the issue however started.

It all went fine, and the buyer was really happy. Around 2 weeks later however a case was opened against me stating that the buyers ebay and paypal was hacked and someone purchased this on there account.

He started messaging me saying that he wants his money back as it wasn't him and that he is contacting ebay and paypal. Due to this not being a physical item it meant that there was no tracking on this so I had no proof that I had sent it, however this didn't matter anyway due to him simply claiming that his account was hacked.

He eventually after around 2 weeks won the case meaning I am now £215 down, and in a bigger hole than I previously was and still currently unemployed and stuck with £60 worth of ebay fees!!

I believe that was he stated was a pack of lies and he has clearly just scammed me out of my money, which I find unfair as I kept my side of the deal and transferred him all the coins as required.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO? IS THERE ANYWAY I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET ANY OF MY MONEY BACK?

I hope there is however if not at least I have learned a life lesson that most people out there are scammers, cheats and robbing *******s looking to take advantage of us hard workers.
    You're not allowed to sell intangible items on eBay, so you won't be able to get your money back. The best you can hope for is if you report it to the game and they ban his account, but that's unlikely to happen.

You might be able to open a case to get your eBay fees back, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cp12345)

1) First off, you should not have £60 of ebay fees if they have refunded him. You need to sort that via your ebay menu section

2) Yes sellers always get shafted, you had absolutely no chance. Another guy shafted by ebay scammer and ebay policy

3) You are lucky / unlucky EA and Ebay both didnt ban you for listing these items, particularly repeatedly!

Your money is gone. Absolutely nothing you can do except get your ebay fees back and chalk this up as a lesson learned

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.