Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worried watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've recently re-established contact with someone I had really strong feelings for. I have a lot of negative memories associated with him, though, I'm not sure if he ever actually did anything deliberate to hurt me but many, many things he did made me feel absolutely awful. I really don't understand what happened during that time so I can't really look back on it objectively and work out what really went on.
    Basically, there was a long period where I thought we were together, and believe me, I had complete justification for thinking this. However, after a while I noticed he was acting really inappropriately with other girls. I'm completely tolerant of any boyfriend having close friendships with girls but this was too far.
    It bothered me, so I talked to him about it and he pointed out that we weren't together. Now, we never explicitly said that we were, but no-one with any sense acts the way he was acting with me, telling me he loved me, talking about our future together, and so on, and then turns around and acts like it wasn't real.
    In our conversation about this, he told me he wouldn't be with me because I was too young. I accepted this, but I was angry with him for leading me on. If he thought I was too young for him, why did he do that to me?
    The day after we spoke about this, I found out he'd gotten into a relationship with a girl my age.
    It was all **** after that, watching him flit in and out of relationships with different girls and then listen to him tell me how much he wished his girlfriends were like me. Tell me after each breakup how all he needed now was me, before going off with another girl.
    This went on, and on, then eventually he had to leave for something and we wouldn't be able to talk, he ended up saying that he'd given his heart to me and that I'd always have it. He told me we'd be together and we didn't speak for a few years.
    It's just so confusing. It used to be like, I would feel upset because of something he'd done, then I'd speak to him about it and the way he explained it made me think that he didn't really do anything wrong at all. I felt like I couldn't trust my own perception of the situation. But all of the feelings I had for him are coming back, and I don't want to feel upset again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineneedles)
    I've recently re-established contact with someone I had really strong feelings for. I have a lot of negative memories associated with him, though, I'm not sure if he ever actually did anything deliberate to hurt me but many, many things he did made me feel absolutely awful. I really don't understand what happened during that time so I can't really look back on it objectively and work out what really went on.
    Basically, there was a long period where I thought we were together, and believe me, I had complete justification for thinking this. However, after a while I noticed he was acting really inappropriately with other girls. I'm completely tolerant of any boyfriend having close friendships with girls but this was too far.
    It bothered me, so I talked to him about it and he pointed out that we weren't together. Now, we never explicitly said that we were, but no-one with any sense acts the way he was acting with me, telling me he loved me, talking about our future together, and so on, and then turns around and acts like it wasn't real.
    In our conversation about this, he told me he wouldn't be with me because I was too young. I accepted this, but I was angry with him for leading me on. If he thought I was too young for him, why did he do that to me?
    The day after we spoke about this, I found out he'd gotten into a relationship with a girl my age.
    It was all **** after that, watching him flit in and out of relationships with different girls and then listen to him tell me how much he wished his girlfriends were like me. Tell me after each breakup how all he needed now was me, before going off with another girl.
    This went on, and on, then eventually he had to leave for something and we wouldn't be able to talk, he ended up saying that he'd given his heart to me and that I'd always have it. He told me we'd be together and we didn't speak for a few years.
    It's just so confusing. It used to be like, I would feel upset because of something he'd done, then I'd speak to him about it and the way he explained it made me think that he didn't really do anything wrong at all. I felt like I couldn't trust my own perception of the situation. But all of the feelings I had for him are coming back, and I don't want to feel upset again.
    he is just using u mate, time pass maybe
    coz if he really loved u than he shouldn't have been in a relationship with other girl who is the same age as u
    and after this he said that u both were in a relationship and haven't spoken for years.... is something is wrong with his schemas in his memory ???
    i am even confuse myself

ReputationRep:
    Don't have any contact with him. Cut him off completely and find someone who won't **** you around like that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.