Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am thinking of joining the Open university at Level 2 and was wondering what the average word length is for a TMA and also the EMA for a Level 2 and Level 3 module (60 credits).
    I guess that on average you write one TMA per month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_mischy)
    Hi,
    I am thinking of joining the Open university at Level 2 and was wondering what the average word length is for a TMA and also the EMA for a Level 2 and Level 3 module (60 credits).
    I guess that on average you write one TMA per month.
    I don't think there is an average. Obviously science subjects will be less than arts.

In science I have 12 TMA's (4 modules, 3 per module) some have extended essays, some don't. It will vary from module to module and slightly from year to year. Obviously EMA's are generally bigger than TMA's but again it depends on the subject.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it makes sense to say that it cannot be generalised as such. I am considering studying the humanities, so it'll be different from science.

The main concern I have is that each TMA will be between 1000-3000 words, which, if you think about it, would be quite a lot to do considering it's about one TMA a month (5-6 TMAs for humanities per 60 credits).

ReputationRep:
    The TMA's must be essentially typeset or they can be handwritten if you wish?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If it helps, I can tell you the word limits for A200 Exploring History.

TMA 1: 1000 words
    TMA 2: 1200 words
    TMA 3: 1400 words
    TMA 4: 1800 words
    TMA 5: 2000 words
    TMA 6: 2000 words

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    If it helps, I can tell you the word limits for A200 Exploring History.

TMA 1: 1000 words
    TMA 2: 1200 words
    TMA 3: 1400 words
    TMA 4: 1800 words
    TMA 5: 2000 words
    TMA 6: 2000 words

Thank You! That's what I was looking for =)

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.