Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    So I've been reading about the Welsh Government's fee grants of up to £5,315 a year. I am thinking of applying to Cardiff University to study a BA degree, starting September 2016. I am 22 so I would technically be a mature student.

    I grew up very close to the Welsh border but I am English - just! I have been working and supporting myself financially since I left school at 18. I lived in Cardiff for a while, but for the past year I have been living in London.

    Say I moved to Wales now, then applied to Cardiff University - would I be eligible for the grant as technically my permanent address would be in Wales? Or do you have to have been living there for a certain amount of time?

    Or does just the fact that I would be going to Uni in Wales, and therefore living in Wales, mean that I would be eligible for the Grant?

    I have read the relevant websites but it doesn't seem that clear - any advice would be really appreciated!

    Thank you very much.
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.