Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Probable France team: Barthez; Gallas, Thuram, Silvestre, Lizarazu; Pires, Vieira, Makelele, Zidane; Henry, Trezeguet.

Probable England team: James, G Neville, Campbell, King, Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Owen, Rooney.

My Frangland team: James, G Neville, Campbell, Silvestre (although Ferdinand would replace if available), Cole, Beckham, Vieira, Gerrard, Zidane, Henry, Owen

England:7
    France:4

Who said France were so much better than us?

ReputationRep:
    Frangland tean: Barthez, Gallas, Thuram, Campbell, Silvestre, Beckham, Vieira, Gerrard, Zidane, Henry, Owen

France 7
    England 4

It's our defence which isn't world class, apart from Campbell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingpong)
    Probable France team: Barthez; Gallas, Thuram, Silvestre, Lizarazu; Pires, Vieira, Makelele, Zidane; Henry, Trezeguet.

Probable England team: James, G Neville, Campbell, King, Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Owen, Rooney.

My Frangland team: James, G Neville, Campbell, Silvestre (although Ferdinand would replace if available), Cole, Beckham, Vieira, Gerrard, Zidane, Henry, Owen

England:7
    France:4

Who said France were so much better than us?
    Haha, Neville ahead of Thuram, I think not.
    I would play Pires ahead of Beckham and possibly Gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    ahead of gerrard are you mad?

ReputationRep:
    this is a good thread by the way, France don't have the best defensive players but am i right in saying they haven't conceded a single goal in over a year?

That is impressive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    this is a good thread by the way, France don't have the best defensive players but am i right in saying they haven't conceded a single goal in over a year?

That is impressive!
    Yep.

That is why only Campbell ould get in the Frangland team.

ReputationRep:
    what are the ages of the french defenders? Lizarazu - 34? What about the others?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, Thuram isn't the player he used to be, I'm surprised he's even playing this match.

People need to look past the reputation and awe that the media give a lot of foreign players. I'd have Neville anyday of the week, mr reliability.

Choosing Pires over Beckham/Gerrard is a bit strange imo, Gerrard and Beckham both have equal shooting ability and a greater range of passing, what makes Pires superior? It's not like he can use his head.

ReputationRep:
    what are the ages of the french defenders? Lizarazu - 34? What about the others?
    Anybody help?

ReputationRep:
    My Frangland tean: James (only just!) Cole, Campbell, Silvestre, Thuram, Pires, Viera , Zidane, Gerrard, Henry, Rooney

England 5 - France 6

ReputationRep:
    Lizarazu - 34
    Thuram - 32
    Gallas - 26
    Silvestre - 27

ReputationRep:
    Anybody help?
    Gallas and Silvestre are in their twenties. Lizarazu is 34, Thuram is in his thirties too.

ReputationRep:
    and the england team?

Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Barthez, Thuram, Terry, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Pires, Gerrard, Vieira, Zidane, Owen, Henry

England 4, France 7. Which funnily enough is also my prediction for this evening .

ReputationRep:
    Pires instead of Beckham, no way!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, Thuram isn't the player he used to be, I'm surprised he's even playing this match.

People need to look past the reputation and awe that the media give a lot of foreign players. I'd have Neville anyday of the week, mr reliability.

Choosing Pires over Beckham/Gerrard is a bit strange imo, Gerrard and Beckham both have equal shooting ability and a greater range of passing, what makes Pires superior? It's not like he can use his head.
    Pires, in my opinion, provides the better creative spark - I think he is on better form than Beckham and will be the more potent threat. Gerrard is not needed so much in a midfield which has Viera as an 'enforcer'.

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like to know why everyone thinks Pires is so good.

Choosing him oer Gerrard/Beckham is crazy fool talk!

ReputationRep:
    Pires, in my opinion, provides the better creative spark - I think he is on better form than Beckham and will be the more potent threat. Gerrard is not needed so much in a midfield which has Viera as an 'enforcer'.
    Fair enough, but I wasn't really thinking about a 'balanced' team, it was more on indiviudal merit for each position.

For the record I don't think he's more creative than either Beckham, Gerrard, or even Scholes/Lampard. Pires would be my one from last pick, just before Makalele.

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like to know why everyone thinks Pires is so good.

Choosing him oer Gerrard/Beckham is crazy fool talk!
    No, only choosing him over Gerrard is.

ReputationRep:
    James; Gallas, Thuram, Campbell, Cole (although I'd play Bridge over Cole); Gerrard, Beckham, Zidane, can't really decide between Pires/Lampard; Owen, Henry

So England 6/7
    France 5/4 depending on Lampard/Pires.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.