Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingpong)
    I'd really like to know why everyone thinks Pires is so good.

Choosing him oer Gerrard/Beckham is crazy fool talk!
    Beckham didn't exactly set the world alight towards the end of this season; coupled with the fact that he has been very injury prone. In an Anglo-French select XI, I feel he would have a crap claim for a central midfield role and only a moderate one for a position in right midfield. On current evidence, Pires looks more likely to score and create openings than Beckham.

ReputationRep:
    James, G Neville, Silvestre, Campbell, Thuram, Gerrard, Scholes, Zidane, Beckham, Owen, Henry
    Come on Frangland :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    James; Gallas, Thuram, Campbell, Cole (although I'd play Bridge over Cole); Gerrard, Beckham, Zidane, can't really decide between Pires/Lampard; Owen, Henry

So England 6/7
    France 5/4 depending on Lampard/Pires.
    If Bridge was in there over Cole he'd be in the Frangland team.

ReputationRep:
    the quality of beckham's crosses, corners and free kicks are much better than pires. Also Beckham rallys the team and urges them on to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neosyko)
    James, G Neville, Silvestre, Campbell, Thuram, Gerrard, Scholes, Zidane, Beckham, Owen, Henry
    I can't see how you can justify leaving out Viera.

In my opinion: Viera, Henry, Campbell and Zidane pick themselves.

ReputationRep:
    So on a similar note, which of any two amalgamated world teams would make the most improved side?

I'm not talking about loads of Frazil's, but which composite team would be the most improved over it's two source teams?

ReputationRep:
    yeah that would be mine too except cole instead of silvestre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    the quality of beckham's crosses, corners and free kicks are much better than pires. Also Beckham rallys the team and urges them on to win.
    I would have no hesitation to pick David Beckham of three seasons ago ahead of Robert Pires of today. However, Beckham seems to have fallen-off somewhat - I think he will have an anonymous tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I can't see how you can justify leaving out Viera.

In my opinion: Viera, Henry, Campbell and Zidane pick themselves.
    ooops - forgot viera

by any chance are you an arsenal fan? lol

ReputationRep:
    So on a similar note, which of any two amalgamated world teams would make the most improved side?

I'm not talking about loads of Frazil's, but which composite team would be the most improved over it's two source teams?
    Czech Rep, and someone with a solid defence but weak attack, one of the Scandanavian sides possibly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    yeah that would be mine too except cole instead of silvestre
    but cole cant defend!!! hes out of position all of the time, and far too unreliable

ReputationRep:
    but cole cant defend!!! hes out of position all of the time, and far too unreliable
    hm i disagree strongly on that, he gives alot going forward, it is certainly very close between those two, part of the problem is that when he plays for england he doesnt have the cover ahead of him in midfield as our right footers are always drifting inside

ReputationRep:
    Beckham will have a good tourney, it was Real madrid that had the bad season not beckham.

ReputationRep:
    they had a whole section of Zidane in the Edexcel GCSE French Listening exam! and I got most of those questions wrong

I think the England team is pretty strong, but they do have a habit of just losing when you know they could've won!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Czech Rep, and someone with a solid defence but weak attack, one of the Scandanavian sides possibly?
    Holleng (yeh, doesn't sound that good does it - Holland-England)

ReputationRep:
    Outside Europe, I would say Italy-Brazil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Outside Europe, I would say Italy-Brazil.
    i never knew italy was outside europe :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    hm i disagree strongly on that, he gives alot going forward, it is certainly very close between those two, part of the problem is that when he plays for england he doesnt have the cover ahead of him in midfield as our right footers are always drifting inside
    And what about the Cole can't defend part?

ReputationRep:

Spitaly.......

Buffon, Puyol, Cannavaro, Nesta, Puyol, Zambrotta, Exteberria, Zanetti, Baraja Vicente, Totti, Raul

Great team there!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.