The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Ba hons primary education with QTS - interview / tests

Hi everyone just got an email through inviting me to an interview regarding my degree and it's next Wednesday !!! Wow early !! Can anyone help me or give me any advice as to what to expect ? I'm so worried, interviews / tests are my biggest fear !!
Thank you :smile: x
Original post by Jamielouise91
Hi everyone just got an email through inviting me to an interview regarding my degree and it's next Wednesday !!! Wow early !! Can anyone help me or give me any advice as to what to expect ? I'm so worried, interviews / tests are my biggest fear !!

Wow! I'm applying for this course as well but I haven't sent my application of yet, hopefully next week. Please tell me how the interview goes for you. :u:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Jamie, it's Caroline we had our interview together. Just wondering if you have found out anything yet about getting in???
How did the interview go I've got mine this Wednesday and I'm so nervous, what are the tests like ?
Reply 4
I was really nervous about the interview and the teaching task. I can happily and confidently speak in front of children but anyone else I panic and mix up my words, but they were really nice and it went really well. Don't worry about remembering everything they let us have our notes out, which was an added bonus. The tests are okay, the one I thought I would really struggle in was actually my strongest one to the surprise of everyone. I would suggest doing Bitesize revision and the mini tests on there I felt it got me up to speed with everything. I mean I panic in test situations but all you can do is your best, take your time, and check over everything at the end.
Good Luck for Wednesday. Please let me know how you think it went on. My fingers are crossed for you.
Reply 5
I have my primary education interview on Wednesday and i have been asked to bring a resource and talk about it. I do not know what to bring along with me.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
Thank you so much that's really reassuring, I'm just so nervous about the individual interview, what sort of educational issues do they ask you about because I don't feel like I have loads of information on them?
Original post by livs98
I have my primary education interview on Wednesday and i have been asked to bring a resource and talk about it. I do not know what to bring along with me.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Did they specify what you had to bring? I would recommend a children's book or some number blocks so you can explain how you would use them in a lesson to help children. Both of these items are interactive so this would work in your favour.
Reply 8
Original post by Supernatural123
Did they specify what you had to bring? I would recommend a children's book or some number blocks so you can explain how you would use them in a lesson to help children. Both of these items are interactive so this would work in your favour.

No, they just said 'a resource', something creative, but thank you :smile:
Original post by livs98
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

I've got mine on Wednesday too, feeling so nervous about it ! What preparation have you done so far ? I'm bringing a book btw
Reply 10
About what to bring for the teaching task, I had my book, I also took other stuff that I would use in a lesson like a worksheet etc. I linked my book into different subjects as well. And as for the questions a bit like what supernatural123 said but instead of a cleaner it was a just a general colleague.
Reply 11
Original post by Cali235
I was really nervous about the interview and the teaching task. I can happily and confidently speak in front of children but anyone else I panic and mix up my words, but they were really nice and it went really well. Don't worry about remembering everything they let us have our notes out, which was an added bonus. The tests are okay, the one I thought I would really struggle in was actually my strongest one to the surprise of everyone. I would suggest doing Bitesize revision and the mini tests on there I felt it got me up to speed with everything. I mean I panic in test situations but all you can do is your best, take your time, and check over everything at the end.
Good Luck for Wednesday. Please let me know how you think it went on. My fingers are crossed for you.

Hi,
I have my Primary Education interview at Edge Hill tomorrow and I just wondered what sort of questions did you get asked on the Maths, English and Science tests?

Lauren
Original post by Lau2714
Hi,
I have my Primary Education interview at Edge Hill tomorrow and I just wondered what sort of questions did you get asked on the Maths, English and Science tests?

Lauren

Hi, I had my interview last week and was offered a place, it was a really enjoyable day. You start the exam and then at different points you get called out for your individual and group interview. The tests are okay although I'd strongly recommend going on BBC bitesize, I cant remember what the questions were on though, as a part of the English you had to look at this poem and answer questions on it and then you are given the written task which is to do with an idea about education, it's really not to bad and they're testing your quality of written communication more than anything. Good luck sure you'll do great!
Reply 13
Original post by Cassiestar
Hi, I had my interview last week and was offered a place, it was a really enjoyable day. You start the exam and then at different points you get called out for your individual and group interview. The tests are okay although I'd strongly recommend going on BBC bitesize, I cant remember what the questions were on though, as a part of the English you had to look at this poem and answer questions on it and then you are given the written task which is to do with an idea about education, it's really not to bad and they're testing your quality of written communication more than anything. Good luck sure you'll do great!

Well done! Okay thank you! I have been revising on BBC bitesize hopefully not too bad!
Reply 14
Hi everyone anyone had interview at BCU for BA Hons Primary education.Please share your experience.
what was the test and interview like.was there any task to do like lesson?
Original post by aqs_15
Hi everyone anyone had interview at BCU for BA Hons Primary education.Please share your experience.
what was the test and interview like.was there any task to do like lesson?

The sharing of specific interview content is not allowed on TSR. Edge Hill will tell you as much as they want you to know about the interview.
Hi, i've applied for this course too! My interview is the 8th December. I have that fear as well of interviews and tests... They have a checklist which you can download, so you know what you need to take with you on the day. Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by Jamielouise91
Reply 17
i have an interview at derby this monday. I am really worried about what will be on the english or maths tests, does any body know what sort of questions are asked?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending