Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Welsh fee grant advice... :S watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So I've been reading about the Welsh Government's fee grants of up to £5,315 a year. I am thinking of applying to Cardiff University to study a BA degree, starting September 2016. I am 22 so I would technically be a mature student.

I grew up very close to the Welsh border but I am English - just! My parents also live in England. I have been working and supporting myself financially since I left school at 18. I lived in Cardiff for a while, but for the past year I have been living in London.

Say I moved to Wales now, then applied to Cardiff University - would I be eligible for the grant as technically my permanent address would be in Wales? Or do you have to have been living there for a certain amount of time?

Or does just the fact that I would be going to Uni in Wales, and therefore living in Wales, mean that I would be eligible for the Grant?I have read the relevant websites but it doesn't seem that clear - any advice would be really appreciated!

Thank you very much.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.