Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would this make me look desperate? watch

Announcements

I met a guy recently and he seemed quite keen on getting to know me. I was in a rush and in the end I just took his number and we didn't get to exchange numbers. I texted him the next day to say hey and we exchanged a few messages. He said he would add me on his iPhone and asked if I had whatsApp and after this nothing was said. He didn't message me on WhatsApp or anything. This was two days ago and I was wondering if I would seem desperate if I was to message him tonight? Surely if he was interested he would have messaged me by now?

ReputationRep:
    Just do it and see! If it turns out he isn't interested at least you know where you stand
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a guy recently and he seemed quite keen on getting to know me. I was in a rush and in the end I just took his number and we didn't get to exchange numbers. I texted him the next day to say hey and we exchanged a few messages. He said he would add me on his iPhone and asked if I had whatsApp and after this nothing was said. He didn't message me on WhatsApp or anything. This was two days ago and I was wondering if I would seem desperate if I was to message him tonight? Surely if he was interested he would have messaged me by now?
    Maybe he is playing a 'game' to get your attention by not giving you any for a period of time.

Maybe send him a message saying 'whatsapppp'.

ReputationRep:
    Just one message saying hello won't make you look desperate, however if you continuously message him when he doesn't reply then it could cause him to think that way. Just a quick "hello" would be fine at the moment though

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    Just do it and see! If it turns out he isn't interested at least you know where you stand
    That's true. I don't really have anything to lose right now.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Maybe he is playing a 'game' to get your attention by not giving you any for a period of time.

Maybe send him a message saying 'whatsapppp'.
    Lol do guys really do this? I've never experienced this before. I'm used to guys making contact lots in beginning. Haha I could do that.

(Original post by celiajacobs)
    Just one message saying hello won't make you look desperate, however if you continuously message him when he doesn't reply then it could cause him to think that way. Just a quick "hello" would be fine at the moment though
    That's true. Its just a friendly message, no harm done
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

Lol do guys really do this? I've never experienced this before. I'm used to guys making contact lots in beginning. Haha I could do that
    I suppose they do, and it seems to work a lot of the time, like right now

ReputationRep:
    just message him and see where it gets you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Drop a message and see what happens, if he don't reply then you will know the answer.

I suppose they do, and it seems to work a lot of the time, like right now
    Ahh its annoying. Are u sure it might not just mean he's not keen anymore?

(Original post by samina_ay)
    just message him and see where it gets you
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Drop a message and see what happens, if he don't reply then you will know the answer.
    OK ok. Tomorrow I'm on it, it's a bit too late for it now. Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Ahh its annoying. Are u sure it might not just mean he's not keen anymore?
    Possible but unlikely unless anything major has happened to him.

Possible but unlikely unless anything major has happened to him.
    Hmm didn't think of that one! Thanks Sean, his name happens to be Sean too! :-)

I had a missed call today and I always add the number to my phone to see who it is and it was him

ReputationRep:
    I had a missed call today and I always add the number to my phone to see who it is and it was him
    guess you're not the desperate one afterall
    Spoiler:
    Show
    neither is he, at least thats what i think

ReputationRep:
    Just say hi, it doesn't seem desperate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.