Turn on thread page Beta

A question for homosexuals... watch

ReputationRep:
    I apologise if this sort of thread has been made already, I couldn't find any similar.

But since there are many people who strongly believe that your sexuality is a choice, hypothetically speaking if your sexuality was a choice, would you choose to continue being attracted to the same sex or would you prefer to be attracted to the opposite. Also, has there ever been a point in your life where you've seen someone of the opposite sex and thought "what if"? or even actually found them somewhat attractive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    I apologise if this sort of thread has been made already, I couldn't find any similar.

But since there are many people who strongly believe that your sexuality is a choice, hypothetically speaking if your sexuality was a choice, would you choose to continue being attracted to the same sex or would you prefer to be attracted to the opposite. Also, has there ever been a point in your life where you've seen someone of the opposite sex and thought "what if"? or even actually found them somewhat attractive?
    As I'm bisexual, but mostly attracted to men, and minorly to women, if I had the choice I'd gladly be equally attracted to both, both sexually and romantically.

I hate (okay, am more annoyed at) it how my sexual and romantic attractions don't align, making it just that much more harder in the future t find someone who I like in both ways.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't affect my life enough for me to care to make a choice. I'd probably flip a coin.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i think it's best to choose what society accepts the most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Really? Societal views are socially constructed. Our views are significantly different to those in polygamous regions (for example).
    Why should the 'consensus of society' decide how you choose to live your life?

ReputationRep:
    That's a depressing outlook to life.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    That's a depressing outlook to life.
    well it's not easy having a family that's against

ReputationRep:
    well it's not easy having a family that's against
    I never said it wasn't practical, nor was it supposed to come across as patronising at all, so sorry if it did, it's just depressing and hits the point of homophobia in this world to home.

edit: should say 'hit the point of what's deemed societally acceptable to home, instead of what's right'.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    I never said it wasn't practical, nor was it supposed to come across as patronising at all, so sorry if it did, it's just depressing and hits the point of homophobia in this world to home.
    i didnt take offence dww:closedeyes:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.