x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... Dentistry

I'm interested in... Private Dentistry
    Specializing - Endodontics

My study level is... University undergraduate

ReputationRep:
    which university do you attend? and if you don't mind me asking what grades did you get for your a levels?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm currently at King's College London, my A Levels were A* Chem, A Biology, A Maths, A AS Physics. I was taking 5 a levels (Full A level in physics and further maths) but I dropped them when I got my offer.

Feel free to ask any other questions

(PS due to deadlines I may take a while to respond but will try to get back to you ASAP)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDentalStudent)
    Hey,

I'm currently at King's College London, my A Levels were A* Chem, A Biology, A Maths, A AS Physics. I was taking 5 a levels (Full A level in physics and further maths) but I dropped them when I got my offer.

Feel free to ask any other questions

(PS due to deadlines I may take a while to respond but will try to get back to you ASAP)
    What were your GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SashaF)
    What were your GCSEs?
    Hi, my GCSE's were 3 A stars, 4 A's and 2 B's.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my GCSE's were 3 A stars, 4 A's and 2 B's.
    Would I have a chance at kings with 1A*, 8As and 1B?

ReputationRep:
    Would I have a chance at kings with 1A*, 8As and 1B?
    When I was applying that would have been fine, if you're in doubt however I'd suggest calling up anonymously and asking!

ReputationRep:
    When I was applying that would have been fine, if you're in doubt however I'd suggest calling up anonymously and asking!
    I shall!
    How do you find Kings? The area, course structure, accommodation, etc?

ReputationRep:
    I shall!
    How do you find Kings? The area, course structure, accommodation, etc?
    Guy's campus is where the dentists, medics and biomed students are all based and it's right next to London bridge. It's a lovely campus given it's central location and there's lots of stuff to do nearby.

As for the course structure, it's very good for early clinical exposure. You'll be seeing your first perio patients in 2nd year, doing your first fillings, extractions and dentures in 3rd year and as you progress you get to do more and more complex treatments. It can be a bit intense but it's rewarding when it all ties together.

The accomodation is a bit tricky as you can only get uni accomodation for one year and flats can be quite expensive but if you're willing to look around you can find some quite nice places close to uni!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.