Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm looking at Bath for Chemical Engineering, which has entry requirements of A*AA. I have grades AAAA in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Business Studies. I applied last year but sadly did not get an offer, and I'm looking to re-apply this year.

I am incredibly passionate and work extremely hard, but unfortunately a very tough exam season (particularly that stupid F324 paper which threw me off) and personal circumstances have left all of my grades 15-20 UMS away from A* grade.

What I'm looking to get an idea of is whether I have any chance of getting in. It's hard for me to show that I am so passionate about Bath in particular given that my PS has to go to 4 other Uni's as well (of which I currently have Sheffield and Manchester decided, potentially UCL and Birmingham as the other two). I would be more than happy studying at either Sheffield or Manchester (and have accepted that this is the likely scenario).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Considering those are your achieved grades and they do not meet the entry requirements (although they are fantastic grades), it would probably be unlikely for them to offer you a place taking into account how competitive the course is.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by savagetacos)
    x
    Hi savagetacos! (nice name).

I don't think you need to worry about showing a passion for Bath in particular, or indeed any particular university - it would probably alienate all of the other universities if you mentioned one by name. What matters more are the kind of things they describe on this page.

If you're resitting exams and have predicted grades that match the entry requirements I can't see there being too much of a problem, as I know of gap year students on my course who got in.

If you're feeling a bit worried it may be worth emailing [email protected], explaining your situation and asking about the likelihood of an offer.

Good luck with your application!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.