Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just wanted your thoughts.
    with all the wars going on in the world, i got to thinking. how is humanity ever going to inherit the six trillion miles of space out there, when we can't even agree on how to share the 24 plus thousand miles we actually own? if our solar system (can we even call it ours when we haven't been to it?) was the length of a finger we have only moved the length of the finger nail.will we ever move further? how long do you think it will take us? (no right answers) just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver_Spider23)
    with all the wars going on in the world, i got to thinking. how is humanity ever going to inherit the six trillion miles of space out there, when we can't even agree on how to share the 24 plus thousand miles we actually own? if our solar system (can we even call it ours when we haven't been to it?) was the length of a finger we have only moved the length of the finger nail.will we ever move further? how long do you think it will take us? (no right answers) just a thought.
    Not with Islam around or any other religion for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully after the destruction of the world by a nuclear war.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Unfortunately, world peace is not possible (it never has been and and it never will be). There has always been some kind of conflict somewhere, and things will continue in that way. In the end, all of this comes down to human nature.

With regards to your question about our solar system, our ability to explore it will improve with time. We are making appreciable progress on an annual basis, but it's impossible to tell how long it will be before we're really able to "venture into the unknown".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Unfortunately, world peace is not possible (it never has been and and it never will be). There has always been some kind of conflict somewhere, and things will continue in that way. In the end, all of this comes down to human nature.

With regards to your question about our solar system, our ability to explore it will improve with time. We are making appreciable progress on an annual basis, but it's impossible to tell how long it will be before we're really able to "venture into the unknown".
    Here is another problem is our ability to achieve that progress hindered by the fact that every country wants to be the first and therefore will hinder all others in their efforts to do so...I mean calle crazy but what do you ( as a country) win if you are the first? Surely it would be best to say a HUMAN got there first rather than the Russians or the British or the Americans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willdono)
    Not with Islam around or any other religion for that matter.
    Case and point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There never will be world peace. War is great for business.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

Humans only act in the self interest of those they have an emotional attachment to and I don't see how your ever going to have a global population who care about each other given our cultural differences, hell most of us in the UK look down on the likes of Muslims in the middle east.

Here is another problem is our ability to achieve that progress hindered by the fact that every country wants to be the first and therefore will hinder all others in their efforts to do so...I mean calle crazy but what do you ( as a country) win if you are the first? Surely it would be best to say a HUMAN got there first rather than the Russians or the British or the Americans?
    We're not really hindered, capital is not an issue and competition drives innovation.

The logic is that if a country can get to Europa ECT., first, mine it, stick weapons on it and then get the resources back that promises a big advantage.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.