Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys would you fancy such a girl? watch

A question to the guys.

Would you be put off by the type of girl who is into her academic work and is very focused.One who sits by herself in lectures ,seems to be alone most of the times but does talk to people here and there occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A question to the guys.

Would you be put off by the type of girl who is into her academic work and is very focused.One who sits by herself in lectures ,seems to be alone most of the times but does talk to people here and there occasionally.
    I don't care how many friends she has so long as she can be a good friend to me and me back for her.

Being focused. Being academic. Being wise and intelligent. Being ambitious. All of these are big pluses. Her being a bit of a loner is not a minus to me. But then, I'm a loner too. So duh?

ReputationRep:
    No..? What kind of question is that? There are guys who are attracted to obese women, just like there's different fish in the sea there are different fishers to obtain them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I don't care how many friends she has so long as she can be a good friend to me and me back for her.

Being focused. Being academic. Being wise and intelligent. Being ambitious. All of these are big pluses. Her being a bit of a loner is not a minus to me. But then, I'm a loner too. So duh?
    hi

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, there are many guys out there who would love to be friends or more with someone like you. Honestly - very, very many! You sound like a great person

But I would caution though that we're inherently very reserved and cautious about making a move in almost any situation. Sure, some guys are right out there, and in some clubs or other venues the rules are different, but if you want to make friends you need to talk to people - as much as possible - and then slowly start to be proactive and ask to meet up with them outside of lecture times, and if you want more, you have to show that you're available. If you're too quiet and shy everyone will be too intimidated!

Best of luck with it all

ReputationRep:
    A question to the guys.

Someone who is very focused and intelligent is VERY VERY attractive for me, as long as she is happy to open up in the comfort of me and a few others I'm fine with her being quite introverted!

ReputationRep:
    you've just described me perfectly lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    Long as she can clean my kitchen good and proper
    lemon, i don't like you anymore

you're turning evil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)

you're turning evil
    Sorry, I get weird at this time of night

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I get weird at this time of night
    I've realized

ReputationRep:
    I've realized
    Do you like power rangers?

ReputationRep:
    Do you like power rangers?
    yh i guess

ReputationRep:
    yh i guess
    Then... Tahdah!

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.c...0&h=377&crop=1

That didn't go how I expected but the link genuinely does go to link with a picture of power rangers...

ReputationRep:
    Long as she can clean my kitchen good and proper

you're turning evil
    you know what can clean kitchens good and proper? lemon juice. muahahahaah, watch out lemon, cos wid dat tude, yo woman gon' squeeze the life outta u then mop da floor wid u cuz when life gives u lemons... i'm too tired to make this post worthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selfteaching)
    you know what can clean kitchens good and proper? lemon juice. muahahahaah, watch out lemon, cos wid dat tude, yo woman gon' squeeze the life outta u then mop da floor wid u cuz when life gives u lemons... i'm too tired to make this post worthy
    LOOOOL

ReputationRep:
    A question to the guys.

If you're like this in general, you're likely to do the same with me around. So no, I'd think twice before approaching such a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selfteaching)
    You sure showed me...

ReputationRep:
    You sure showed me...
    go to sleeeeeeep

ReputationRep:
    go to sleeeeeeep
    InsomniaFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaThis article is about the sleeping disorder. For other uses, see Insomnia (disambiguation).https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...-clear.svg.pngThis article may contain too much repetition or redundant language. Please help improve it by merging similar text or removing repeated statements. (September 2015)InsomniaClassification and external resourcesSpecialtySleep medicineICD-10F51.0, G47.0ICD-9-CM307.42, 307.41, 327.0,780.51, 780.52DiseasesDB26877MedlinePlus000805eMedicinemed/2698Patient UKInsomniaMeSHD007319Insomnia, also known as trouble sleeping, is a sleep disorder in which there is an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired.[1][2] While the term is sometimes used to describe a disorder demonstrated by polysomnographic or actigraphic evidence of disturbed sleep, this sleep disorder is often practically defined as a positive response to either of two questions: "Do you experience difficulty sleeping?" or "Do you have difficulty falling or staying asleep?"[2]Insomnia is most often thought of as both a medical sign and a symptom[2][3] that can accompany several sleep, medical, and psychiatric disorders characterized by a persistent difficulty falling asleep and/or staying asleep or sleep of poor quality. Insomnia is typically followed by functional impairment while awake. Insomnia can occur at any age, but it is particularly common in the elderly.[4]Insomnia can be short term (up to three weeks) or long term (above 3–4 weeks); it can lead to memory problems, depression, irritability and an increased risk of heart disease and automobile related accidents.[5]Insomnia can be grouped into primary and secondary, or comorbid, insomnia.[6][7][8] Primary insomnia is a sleep disorder not attributable to a medical, psychiatric, or environmental cause.[9] It is described as a complaint of prolonged sleep onset latency, disturbance of sleep maintenance, or the experience of non-refreshing sleep.[10] A complete diagnosis will differentiate between free-standing primary insomnia, insomnia as secondary to another condition, and primary insomnia co-morbid with one or more conditions.Cognitive behavioral therapy is useful in insomnia that is present for a long duration.[11] Those who are having trouble sleeping sometimes turn to sleeping pills, which may help, but also may lead to substance dependency or addiction if used regularly for an extended period.[12]
    Contents [hide]
    Classification[edit]DSM-5 criteria[edit]The DSM-5 criteria for insomnia include the following:[13]Predominant complaint of dissatisfaction with sleep quantity or quality, associated with one (or more) of the following symptoms:
    • Difficulty initiating sleep. (In children, this may manifest as difficulty initiating sleep without caregiver intervention.)
    • Difficulty maintaining sleep, characterized by frequent awakenings or problems returning to sleep after awakenings. (In children, this may manifest as difficulty returning to sleep without caregiver intervention.)
    • Early-morning awakening with inability to return to sleep.
    In addition,
    • The sleep disturbance causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, educational, academic, behavioral, or other important areas of functioning.
    • The sleep difficulty occurs at least 3 nights per week.
    • The sleep difficulty is present for at least 3 months.
    • The sleep difficulty occurs despite adequate opportunity for sleep.
    • The insomnia is not better explained by and does not occur exclusively during the course of another sleep-wake disorder (e.g., narcolepsy, a breathing-related sleep disorder, a circadian rhythm sleep-wake disorder, a parasomnia).
    • The insomnia is not attributable to the physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication).
    • Coexisting mental disorders and medical conditions do not adequately explain the predominant complaint of insomnia.
    Types of insomnia[edit]Insomnia can be classified as transient, acute, or chronic.
    1. Transient insomnia lasts for less than a week. It can be caused by another disorder, by changes in the sleep environment, by the timing of sleep, severe depression, or by stress. Its consequences – sleepiness and impaired psychomotor performance – are similar to those of sleep deprivation.[14]
    2. Acute insomnia is the inability to consistently sleep well for a period of less than a month. Insomnia is present when there is difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or when the sleep that is obtained is non-refreshing or of poor quality. These problems occur despite adequate opportunity and circumstances for sleep and they must result in problems with daytime function.[15] Acute insomnia is also known as short term insomnia or stress related insomnia.[16]
    3. Chronic insomnia lasts for longer than a month. It can be caused by another disorder, or it can be a primary disorder. People with high levels of stress hormones or shifts in the levels of cytokines are more likely than others to have chronic insomnia.[17] Its effects can vary according to its causes. They might include muscular weariness,hallucinations, and/or mental fatigue. Chronic insomnia can cause double vision.[14]
    Patterns of insomnia[edit]Symptoms of insomnia:[18]
    • difficulty falling asleep, including difficulty finding a comfortable sleeping position
    • waking during the night and being unable to return to sleep
    • feeling unrefreshed upon waking
    • daytime sleepiness, irritability or anxiety
    Sleep-onset insomnia is difficulty falling asleep at the beginning of the night, often a symptom of anxiety disorders. Delayed sleep phase disorder can be misdiagnosed as insomnia, as sleep onset is delayed to much later than normal while awakening spills over into daylight hours.[19]It is common for patients who have difficulty falling asleep to also have nocturnal awakenings with difficulty returning to sleep. Two thirds of these patients wake up in middle of the night, with more than half having trouble falling back to sleep after a middle of the night awakening.[20]Early morning awakening is an awakening occurring earlier (more than 30 minutes) than desired with an inability to go back to sleep, and before total sleep time reaches 6.5 hours. Early morning awakening is often a characteristic of depression.[21]Poor sleep quality[edit]Poor sleep quality can occur as a result of, for example, restless legs, sleep apnea or major depression. Poor sleep quality is caused by the individual not reaching stage 3 or delta sleep which has restorative properties.Major depression leads to alterations in the function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, causing excessive release of cortisol which can lead to poor sleep quality.Nocturnal polyuria, excessive nighttime urination, can be very disturbing to sleep.[22]Subjective insomnia[edit]Main article: Sleep state misperceptionSome cases of insomnia are not really insomnia in the traditional sense. People experiencing sleep state misperception often sleep for normal durations, yet severely overestimate the time taken to fall asleep. They may believe they slept for only four hours while they, in fact, slept a full eight hours.Causes[edit]Symptoms of insomnia can be caused by or be associated with:Sleep studies using polysomnography have suggested that people who have sleep disruption have elevated nighttime levels of circulating cortisol and adrenocorticotropic hormone They also have an elevated metabolic rate, which does not occur in people who do not have insomnia but whose sleep is intentionally disrupted during a sleep study. Studies of brain metabolism using positron emission tomography (PET) scans indicate that people with insomnia have higher metabolic rates by night and by day. The question remains whether these changes are the causes or consequences of long-term insomnia.[34]

ReputationRep:
    I win this thread

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.