Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Commercial Law/Contract Law Study Question Need Urgent Help!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Doing HND Legal Services, got this question to do for my Commercial Law class but i am really struggling! Have no idea what to do :eek: :eek: :eek:

"Read the following scenario carefully and answer the questions which follow. Answers should be in the form of a legal essay. Case Law should be used where appropriate.

Donny was in the midst of negotiations to buy the Red Lion Hotel from Michael de Vos, the owner. He was very impressed with the hotel and the way it had been run and, given the turnover figures he had been giving by de Vos, considered it to be a very good investment. He signed the contract to buy the Red Lion on April 1st. As time went by, however, it became clear that the turnover figures he had been given were far from true. In short, Donny had been decieved. He approached de Vos about this and he admitted falsifying the figures.

Question: What would your advice be to Donny in this case? Give him full legal advice in dealing with this scenario."

Any help at all is much appreciated as I am completely lost!! Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahariel)
    Doing HND Legal Services, got this question to do for my Commercial Law class but i am really struggling! Have no idea what to do :eek: :eek: :eek:

"Read the following scenario carefully and answer the questions which follow. Answers should be in the form of a legal essay. Case Law should be used where appropriate.

Donny was in the midst of negotiations to buy the Red Lion Hotel from Michael de Vos, the owner. He was very impressed with the hotel and the way it had been run and, given the turnover figures he had been giving by de Vos, considered it to be a very good investment. He signed the contract to buy the Red Lion on April 1st. As time went by, however, it became clear that the turnover figures he had been given were far from true. In short, Donny had been decieved. He approached de Vos about this and he admitted falsifying the figures.

Question: What would your advice be to Donny in this case? Give him full legal advice in dealing with this scenario."

Any help at all is much appreciated as I am completely lost!! Thank you x
    I assume you can identify the substantive legal issue here? The writer has made it rather clear.

Assuming, therefore, that your question is a formal one of approach, I think you should do the follwing. Having identified the substantive topic, you need to explain the 'law' as exists at the moment, apply it, and from there reason to the conclusion of what the legal outcome of the facts is. If you believe from that discussion that Donny has some sort of action/remedy available, then explain what the outcome of that would be.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.